Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Borch

That was fast!

12 posts in this topic

Got a nice two year old this morning.  Pretty quiet until a heard a yelp and then a gobble close.   Had 5 2 year old toms and a hen come rushing past the blind at 5 yards to confront my full strut jake decoy ay 23 yards.  Picked out one with a double beard and now I'll be calling for my dad or brother.  

20160427_063049.jpg20160427_073556.jpg20160427_073850.jpg

Set up my over under franchise for the hunt this spring.  One barrel with hevi 13 patterning out beyond 40 yards and the other with lead for under 40.  Worked out well.

1461762159982536572211.jpg

Congrats Borch

Good luck getting your dad or brother a bird.

Got him weighed and measured up once we got home.  20.7 lbs, 1" & 15/16" spurs, 10" & 5 3/8" beards.

That's a good one Borch. Congrats!

Brother roosted a bunch of birds tonight.  Hopefully dad can connect tomorrow morning.  But like they say, "Roosted ain't roasted".

Good job Borch! I'm back at work today, but will be after them again tomorrow.  Good luck putting your dad and brother on birds.  We'll be waiting for those pics.

It's been pretty quiet the past two days.  I wasn't able to go out this morning but sounds like things were more active but still no new birds down.  I'll be heading out shortly.