Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Coffee118

Second smoker

77 posts in this topic

I've had my electric master built smomer for a couple of years now and thinking maybe it's time to change. It works great and the set it and forget it fits my busy life but the cooking with wood and fire makes everything better. I'm wondering what do y'all prefer? Offset wood and fire smokers that take a little more tending to or just stick with the electric that works fine. Thanks

I started out many years ago with a little chief, then a big chief and now the masterbuilt 30 inch. So for me I havn't advanced beyond this stage. It works so nice I havn't had the bug to switch yet. 

reinhard1 and lovebigbluegills like this

I've got the Masterbuilt electric also and just like yourself I like the set it forget it aspect of it.  I also have two Char-Griller barrel type smoker/grills with the side firebox that I use a lot.  One older one with the firebox getting rusty but trusty and the other one newer.  I use the fire box for lower temps.  Start off with charcoal and later put some cherry chips on there or use the AMPS tube smoker in the barrel.  I do want a bigger smoker however at some point.  I have made stuff for my neighbors party's for example where the two Char-Grillers came in handy but I also would like a bigger stand up smoker to do larger amounts of sausage also.  So the fun never stops.  good luck.

img_001311 (1).jpg

Disregard the sign, it was given to me by the guy's at work when I retired.  They said someday I will win at smoke offs.  Well I have never entered any.  This was the day I smoked a bunch of ribs for the neighbors graduation party.  He is a major in the US Army and his daughter had a high school graduation party combined with entering the Military party at the same time.  He bought the ribs and I smoked them.  He supplied my with beer all day as well.  

LMAO! second smoker....... funny. I love my big stand up freezer smoker, I can put a 25 lb batch of anything in it with room to spare, I will convert it to an electric somday, but in the meantime, my dad, youve heard is gonna supply a new electricsmomer, im getting the 6 rack of either a masterbuilt or Bradley. not sure yet, those dang pucks for brdley aint cheap.

8 minutes ago, Boar said:

LMAO! second smoker....... funny. 

:D yes it was posted to be a little on the lighter side after yesterday but also on the serious side I am looking for a good wood/charcoal smomer

smurfy, reinhard1, roony and 3 others like this

10 minutes ago, smurfy said:

here I thought you posted it to stir da pot again!!!!!!!!!!:P

I dunnot know but REB posted a smoker in the now vanished thread yesterday that might work for ya!!!!!!

Me, never, I'm as serious as they come :D. I wish I would've seen it before it went bye bye

lovebigbluegills, RebelSS and Dotch like this

I just purchased a "second" smoker myself.....well actually it is pretty much like the secret one Reb posted.  I'ts more a grill but I will use the Charcoal side for smoking I think....Can NEVER have too many smokers.....just ask Deitz!

reinhard1, Dotch, RebelSS and 1 other like this

Just now, smurfy said:

its REB's fault!!!!!!!!!!!!!:P

Why's everybody always pickin' on me?! Heard that song? :grin:  All ya have to do is ask...Here's the bad boy...whew! What a unit!

http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/outdoor-gourmet-pro-triton-supreme-7-burner-grill-griddle-and-smoker-combo

Dotch, Coffee118 and reinhard1 like this

9 minutes ago, JP Z said:

I just purchased a "second" smoker myself.....well actually it is pretty much like the secret one Reb posted.  I'ts more a grill but I will use the Charcoal side for smoking I think....Can NEVER have too many smokers.....just ask Deitz!

sheez............I am still working up the kahoonas to get my first!!!!!!!!!:cry:

Dang Reb that's one heck of a grill/smoker, that's a little more than what I'm looking for but with that you would definitely be the king of the neighborhood. Having that on your patio would be like having a pool, instead of all the kids coming over to swim all the fathers would be over to cook on it :)

Dotch, RebelSS and LindellProStaf like this

really?????? I think that's the u nit REB pointed out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:grin: or its baby sister model!!!!!!!

RebelSS likes this

It 's close!  Are we missing something, or do great minds think alike?! Ya, even you, Smurfo! :)

JP Z, Dotch and smurfy like this

1 minute ago, RebelSS said:

It 's close!  Are we missing something, or do great minds think alike?! Ya, even you, Smurfo! :)

I have a great mind. it just may be a little distorted at times!!!!!!!!!:P:grin:

so is this kinda how it is in there Smurfy?

hamster.gif

19 minutes ago, smurfy said:

really?????? I think that's the u nit REB pointed out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:grin: or its baby sister model!!!!!!!

Mine is missing the griddle thingy on the left.

RebelSS, Dotch, smurfy and 1 other like this

I had a side-burner in the past, and never used it. Was a waste of space for me. Let us know how it works, JP Z. Pics will be needed, of course. ;)

20 minutes ago, JP Z said:

so is this kinda how it is in there Smurfy?

hamster.gif

Mine is missing the griddle thingy on the left.

some days yep!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cry::grin::D

JP Z and Boar like this

its everyuday smurf. ive often aued with thhe idea of a chharcoal wood. ive a nice carcoal webber, bbut me and chhar oal is like me and spagetti.

smurfy and Dotch like this

1 minute ago, Boar said:

man i need a phone

well quit being such a tight wad and go get one!!!!!!:P if you wouldn't spend so much cash on fishing and hunting lessons maybe ya could afford it!!!!!!! besides what on gods green earth are you doing with a phone in the bathroom!!!!!!!!:cry::sick::whistle:

Dotch likes this

21 minutes ago, smurfy said:

well quit being such a tight wad and go get one!!!!!!:P if you wouldn't spend so much cash on fishing and hunting lessons maybe ya could afford it!!!!!!! besides what on gods green earth are you doing withOUT a phone in the bathroom!!!!!!!!:cry::sick::whistle:

There fixed it :)

smurfy and Dotch like this

12 minutes ago, JP Z said:

There fixed it :)

:D:D no phones..........that's what the Montgomery wards catalog and newspapers are for!!!!!!!!:):grin:

JP Z, you need to quit conversing with REB........your startin to get just like him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:P:grin::cry:

JP Z likes this