• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Insurance?

mrklean

yes- it's dirt cheap. When I bought mine new I had full coverage with replacement value for the first two years...liability after that. Consider these things: Any risk of it being stolen (unattended at cabin), do you let other people ride it, is it newer?

I have a 13 yo atv, and I have full coverage on it.I think about $130  a year, and I am thinking of just going liability. I leave at cabin and it really gets used only for utility, not for trail riding. I have only liability on sleds, so thinking I should do it for atv. Though one theft is about the same cost as 20 years of premiums, so I am thinking that too...

Good thing is either way, it won't cost you or save you much, in the grand scheme. 

edit oh yeah, it is on my list of things for umbrella coverage as well.

Edited by BoxMN

4 hours ago, mrklean said:

All no that's why I am not sure if I want to get it or not, will be stored in my garage at my place, doesn't get used much, will only be used by me and its 12 years old.

I have a snowmobile like that and it doesn't have insurance either...I do let family and some friends use it but it's only on the lake for ice fishing. I get nervous sometimes in regards to personal injury but I could care less about theft and if it gets damaged.

Liability insurance is way to cheap not to have on an older snowmobile or 4 wheeler. I also have an umbrella policy on all of my stuff. My insurance guy explained an umbrella policy to me like this. If something were to happen the insurance company lawyers will fight for you or really their money till they reach the Max of your policy then there done. With people and lawyers always looking to sue someone for a couple hundred bucks a year I increased my coverage from 300,000 to a million on my stuff.