• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Connecting wireless printer to new network

We moved into some temp housing until we close on our new place. The landlord provides internet via wireless. I bought a wireless USB antenna for the computer and it works fine, but my wireless printer doesn't work.

Printer is a Brother HL-2270DW. It worked fine when I installed it at my old house, but I can't get it to connect to the new ntwork here, nor do I see a way to change settings for it.

I looked online and the only info I see is how to install it for the first time using the install CD.

Thoughts?

I usually have to go into the settings on my computer to change the iP address on my printer.  Do you have a utility or settings icon on your computer for the printer?  If not can you run an ethernet cable to the printer and computer and change it that way?  Good luck.  Let us know how it comes out.

What happens if you try the install process from the cd again?

I'm back...

You need to reset the network card in the printer to the factory default.   An example is here 

https://help.brother-usa.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/71942

This might be for a different printer but you can look for yours if this doesn't work. It was in the faqs.

Edited by delcecchi

Since that 2270dw printer has no LCD screen, you will have to reinstall the printer on your computer again via the USB cable, then join the WIFI network just as you did before.

If you don't have the install CD, that's ok, just download the full driver install on Brothers page for the HL 2270DW, it's the same as you had on the CD.

Mike

The install process goes out and queries all the devices on the network(internal wireless) for the printer, the printer will reply here I am and its network/IP info to recreate the IP print queue.  Either the install CD or download the install app from the vendor web page.