• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ne 2016 hunt

Hoyt4

Moved over from different thread. This is from a couple weeks ago. Spring started great.

Well NE started the spring out great for Turkey season. We ended up with 13 birds filled all tags in camp.Couple guys had 3 tags and some had two tags one hunter had 1 tag. Everything worked out in our favor even though bird numbers were down but we are not complaning from how well we did.This is the frist spring I took all my birds out of my blind just worked out I did not have to walk to much and find some birds without my blind this year.Out of the 13 birds 6 shot without blind and only 3 shot over decoys. I was able to call in birds for two friends and my dad.
What a great trip most days had a lot of wind and really gusty but you can’t control old mother nature just have to figure out a way to find the birds and deal with the wind. Only had one blind end up in a tree. My dad and I were able to score another bird together that makes 4 years in a row we take a day to hunt and have been lucky enough to bag a bird.We had to sneak into a ravine and get up on a flat cause the birds were in it without them seeing us. One of them you scramble and try and get setup cause they were right on top of us.I setup the blind and walked it over to the shade of a cedar as my dad carried some of the gear in side with me. ) We were there 10 minutes and 3 long beards came right in. He was able to get a good shot off on one end up being 20lbs with some nice spurs. Now I do not think I will match this hunt the rest of the spring but what a way to get going. Next is MN on the 20th going to be going crazy waiting.

One of the windy days

IMG_20160406_082755186_zpsb8it27ei.jpg

My dads bird

IMG_20160406_152818686_zpscjcxv1ir.jpg

Turkey camp

IMG_20160407_080934880_zps0xecyrvc.jpg

lucky #13 last morning

IMG_20160407_075920817_zpsonhp693r.jpg

One of our doubels

IMG9501071_zps53natqjd.jpg

3rd tagged punched

IMG_01141_zpszkztdudw.jpg