• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Steak, Shrimp and Garlic Toast

Steak looks nice and pink but I'm not sure about the 'sear', it almost looks burnt to me and I hate anything thats black and burnt. To each his own I guess.  Made the mistake of ordering 'blackened catfish' once and hated it, thought later what was I thinking, you don't like burnt food!! Must be from eating burnt toast as a kid, as in mom burns the toast, scraps off the burnt part -- kind of -- and then butters it and says eat it. Nowadays if I burn toast I toss it and start over.

57 minutes ago, delcecchi said:

OK, here is how to get the hard sear, after sous vide to proper internal temperature...

torch.jpg

Del, what in god's name is that??! The afterburner nozzle off the space shuttle??!  :lol:

If you look a little closer to the searing pics of the steak it was seared over a charcoal filled Vortex, Vortex's have been measured with infrared at grill grate temp as high as 1114º that I know of... it is a steak searing machine not to mention other indirect and direct cooking methods it provides kettle and kamado grills!

OJbUZa.jpg
-----

ROcWRe.jpg

If you have a Facebook account there is a group just shy of 600 Vortex owners that post various cooks around the Vortex - www.facebook.com/groups/1039201796130256
There is also a good product review video available here - www.owensbbq.com/vortex.html