• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sandwhiches

4 hours ago, leechlake said:

lets not forget the fried spam sandwich.  I've found the "lite" to be less salty and better tasting.  It's fun stabbing it and sucking the gelatin hunk of meat out of the can too.  

Leech i just about lost it, the jelly on spam or canned hams gives me the verp feeling.  However a nice peanut butter sandwich with a thick piece of sweet onion will sit with me any day.

28 minutes ago, KEN W said:

No one likes Rueben's or BLT's?

2 of the best.

I love 'em both Ken, just have to be careful about the cured meat thing with the Mrs. with the BLT's. And Rueben's when I dine out are one of my faves. Just don't routinely make them at home. Good idea though. Have made them, just been a while. Should look for some corned beef brisket methinks. Swiss cheese with kraut is bomb! :)

1 hour ago, KEN W said:

No one likes Rueben's or BLT's?

2 of the best.

Both of those are darn good sandwiches.

I don't usually have BLTs unless I have tomatoes from the garden. More often than not, the ones in the store look fantastic but are like eating an apple, and don't have much flavor.

Its about time for me to make reubens again, I'm starting to crave kraut again and I've got some corned venison left. I just have to pick up a loaf of rye and some thousand island dressing and I'll be good to go.

its all.good stufff,.balls to wall.spreading fert,.so.quicck sandwhicches are a must. but a guy needs variety. thanks guys, tough thing is to get the wiffe.to get the right gfixings. last night she mad.porkcchops an mushroom gravy. wasnt gona eat at 9pm so it porxhops.gfor luncches today

15 hours ago, leechlake said:

lets not forget the fried spam sandwich.  I've found the "lite" to be less salty and better tasting.  It's fun stabbing it and sucking the gelatin hunk of meat out of the can too.  

BINGO - One of my favorites for breakfast (or any time) Fried spam with on wheat toast with mayo and mustard!

Another staple in our house, we replicate the McD Bacon, Egg & Cheese biscuits.  Buy the Pilsbury Grands biscuits - not the ones in the tube, the ones in the bag in the frozen section.  While those are in the oven, beat one egg and pour it on a medium-hot griddle until it starts to solidify, then flip it like a pancake and fold it over itself twice.  put it on the biscuit with cheese and the breakfast meat of your choice, you can't tell the difference from McDonalds.  We've been making them with formed benny bacon and it's outstanding!

1 hour ago, Boar said:

its all.good stufff,.balls to wall.spreading fert,.so.quicck sandwhicches are a must. but a guy needs variety. thanks guys, tough thing is to get the wiffe.to get the right gfixings. last night she mad.porkcchops an mushroom gravy. wasnt gona eat at 9pm so it porxhops.gfor luncches today

That's when ya pack the peanut butter and honey ones, Boar! Also known as a Go fishing sammich".  :P