• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sandwhiches

Has to be anything but white bread.  Multigrain bread is good along with homemade bread.  I do like Panera's breads that they have.  A nice chewy crust is a must also for me.  I like a Reuben sandwich, BLT's, pulled pork with cole slaw on top of course a great burger [some call that a sandwich]. and more.  good luck.

Mmmm...sliced leg of lamb on anything but white bread with some horseradish and a little BBQ sauce for dipping. Fried egg and onion sandwiches with BBQ sauce and horseradish. Maybe include a slice of Swiss if we have it. I might put some ketchup on the plate for my fries but never on my sammich! Utter blasphemy! :D

We talking sandwiches made for immediate consumption, or for packing to eat hours later in a place with no appliances? 

Roast beef and sliced onion on white or sour dough is right up there on my list.  A cold Reuben is gross.

Edited by delcecchi

OK  OK........I was just tryin to get REB.......rebbed up!!!!!!!!:grin: no white bread for me. like most any kind of lunchmeat. butter on very rare occasions but mostly miracle whip, lotz. my fav cheese is pepper jack. I even use velveeta!!!!!!! horseradish on most sammies. like egg salad sammies. a favorite morning sammich is a rubber mcmuffin. ham egg cheese heated up add horseradish!!!!!!

that roast beef and onion sounds perfect.  Nothing beats homemade mayo, some ketchup, and a few slices of velveta sandwich left in the sun under windshield of boat for 3-4 hours on a July day.  I make them for my friends too.  Sometimes I don't eat mine.

3 minutes ago, lovebigbluegills said:

I forgot about cheese-- pepper jack, smoked cheddar or American, muenster are the ones I prefer.

Velveeta Smurf????

you betcha!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't know there where "other" cheese till I met my wife!!!!!!!!:D me loves velveeta cheese plain, add pepper of velveeta on ritz crackers!!!!!!

18 minutes ago, smurfy said:

you betcha!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't know there where "other" cheese till I met my wife!!!!!!!!:D me loves velveeta cheese plain, add pepper of velveeta on ritz crackers!!!!!!

Velveeta? Cheese? Cheese flavored sandwich adhesive is more like it. Bleccchh! Don't tell me you like this stuff too? Cheese flavored caulk I tell ya! ;):D  

Cheese Whiz.jpg

7 minutes ago, lovebigbluegills said:

That sounds great Coffee...all but the limburger cheese!!!!!! :sick:

People ask me how I can eat it and my parents told me that my grandfather started giving me some when he ate it when I was about 3 or 4 years old so I guess I grew up aquireing a taste for it

1 minute ago, Coffee118 said:

People ask me how I can eat it and my parents told me that my grandfather started giving me some when he ate it when I was about 3 or 4 years old so I guess I grew up aquireing a taste for it

I don't know if you have it in stores out there, or you MN guys in here have seen it or eat it--but my grandfather got me started on gjetost. I still get a block of it a couple times a year and have a few slices on crackers.

51tDd5RKcFL__SY355_.jpg

15 minutes ago, Dotch said:

Velveeta? Cheese? Cheese flavored sandwich adhesive is more like it. Bleccchh! Don't tell me you like this stuff too? Cheese flavored caulk I tell ya! ;):D  

Cheese Whiz.jpg

nope wont allow it in the house!!!!!!!!!! what you guys never had grilled cheese sa:grin:mmiches using velveeta!!! its the bomb!!!!!! dip the sammich in.....yep you guessed it........katchup!!!!!!!!!!! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

I did here a rumor REB uses that stuff when his neighbor comes over though!!!!!!!!!:lol::grin:

Edited by smurfy