• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hang up help ?

sportfish

The first hunt in this spot the birds walked right up to the decoys and my son arrowed a tom but not a good hit and lost him . The next morning we had a different tom gobble all morning and stayed out about 45 yard for 20 min goblin and starring at the decoys and then left ! 2 days latter we tried again in the morning and we had 3 toms on 3 sides of the blind , within 60 yards and they didn't like the decoys either ! 

So should I leave the decoys at home tonight ? Or maybe place them out about 60 yards so they pass by me staring at the decoys? 

What to try 

You gotta move.  They've seen that set up.  They don't like it.  They're scared. Change it.  

Move the blind to where you see them most often, even if it means right in the middle of the field.  

Change your decoy set up too.  If you've been using a hen and a jake, leave the jake at home, or try two hens, or......something different, just change.

Try without decoys

Last night I called in  4 birds all from different directions one behind me at 15 yads and two toms together at about maybe 3. Thought they were going to walk on me.

Birds will tell you what they like if they are hanging up get rid of them or move them next to your blind a couple yds away. Go with just a hen or two hens something different than what they have seen already.