• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New barbecue sauces

2 hours ago, LMITOUT said:

Saw those new Heinz sauces at the Walmart last week.  They had a display of sampler packs on an aisle end cap.

k2-_04376284-3aaa-47c6-92c3-0ae6fe68684e

Ha they look like katchup bottles!

2 hours ago, LMITOUT said:

This is my next sauce to test and picked up a couple of bottles at the local Cash Wise.  It has a sweeter flavor which I prefer.  Made in South Dakota.  I've heard good things about it:

41uf9sgSChL.jpg

Forgot about that one! That's some really good stuff!

On 4/20/2016 at 4:48 AM, Coffee118 said:

After sweet baby rays, it has to be bone suckin' sauce for me. The original is on the sweeter side but they have a variety of different flavorsimage.jpeg

I have a jar of this in the cupboard but I haven't had the opportunity to try it yet.

Found this recipe for a sweet & spicy sauce in a smoker recipe book and it's good on chicken.

1 C Honey
1/2 cup Famous Dave's Devil Spit
Splash of Apple Juice

You can adjust to your own tastes and I'm sure any other spicy BBQ sauce would work. The apple juice seems to just help thin it out a bit. OJ would probably work too. Or you could leave the juice out entirely.

Sounds like something to try here. Just curious though RH, how much of that brandy actually makes it onto the ribs or chicken? And it better be the "good stuff" ya know.;) Supposed to be cooling off the next several days. Could use a little tincture while grilling meself...:lol: 

2 hours ago, RebelSS said:

Cranberry...that looks interesting! 

Their original is pretty good, but the cranberry is their signature product.  It's a bit sweet, but VERY good.