• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Spring newcomers

eyeguy 54

The kindly neighbors where we pasture part of our flock texted me that he had bluebirds a couple weeks ago. None here although over a month ago I spotted a dead bluebird right on the end of our driveway when I got the mail. Must've been hit by a car. :( I did clean out the house mounted on the old No. 8 International plow so I'm hopeful. Lots of Harris's this spring here, more than I recall ever seeing. Many white-throated's too and I really enjoyed listening to them tonight while grilling. No white-crowned though. Usually see a few before it's all said and done.

2 new males just popped in and 1 hit the jelly. All the feeders are really active again today. Got a few pics of the brighter oriole but twigs in every pic... lol  Got a couple of the duller one before they left. Gonna pop out to mills and grab some bird bells for fun. 

511a.jpg

Eyeguy, you must live in bird paradise. And you take great pics.  We had our RBG here this week, but they never stick around. A couple days if we're lucky. We do have lots of orioles all summer though, and this year more Harris' than usual. A few white crowns, but no white throats. We have lived here 35 years and last winter we had one female cardinal stay for about 4 months. The only one we have ever seen here, although they are common in Luverne, 14 miles away. 

thx Ganger.  Lots of trees in the part of town we live in and I have had the feeders up for many years.  Neighbors feed also so we do get a lot of birds here. Sometimes it's quiet for stretches at a time.