Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Macgyver55

Polaris recall

4 posts in this topic

From the Startribune;

Polaris Industries Inc. said Tuesday it is recalling about 133,000 RZR 900 and 1000 off-road vehicles it has made since 2013, citing reports of fire risk.

The company said it does not expect the recall to affect its financial performance.

In an announcement with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, Polaris said owners of the off-road vehicles will be asked to contact a dealer for a free appointment to replace some parts.

Polaris has received more than 160 reports of fire involving the models, including 19 injuries and one death, the product safety commission said.

Some of the same vehicles were recalled last October because of a hazard with a fuel vent line. And later in the year, Polaris recalled some RZR XP Turbo vehicles that were sold from September to November to fix an oil drain line that also posed a fire risk.

Polaris said it has implemented a “corrective action plan” and updated its factory processes on newer versions of the RZR vehicle. The company also added warnings that tell riders not to carry fuel and other flammable liquids in their vehicles.

“We have been proactive, aggressive and thorough in putting forth a plan to get our vehicles repaired and give us, and our customers, confidence in the safety of our RZR vehicles,” Scott Wine, chief executive of Polaris, said in a statement.

This!

There a bunch of videos on utube showing them burning.

Typical Polaris quality. I owned a RZR for a few years and yeah,it was fun but quality for the price they charge was low.

I don't miss it at all

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Glad Lavine is gone! Added nothing but slam dunks to the team. I've been out of town for the past week, so I was very delighted to hear about this trade today.
    • Not unless they ban the toothpick crossbow here too. Takes those beetles out clean.   
    • That's called seasoning. Two years ago I took a trip to Germany and we spent a few days in the black forest where I got to see some authentic old world smoke houses dating back to the 1500's and the amount of buildup on the walls, hooks, poles etc is part of what gives their hams,bacon and sausage their flavor. They use juniper wood for smoking. Absolutely delicious.  But yeah, foil, Pam and other things can help. You can also use a power washer to clean them.
    •   "We have found they do not like limburger cheese, hot dogs, or Makers Mark bourbon.  I am thankful for that."   Thanks for making my nite.  
    • Also woodpeckers beat on stuff to mark their territory.   I am pretty sure that there aren't any bugs on my metal downspouts.
    • You will often discover that birds are picking very small insects from decks and other woodwork around your house;  they do the same with trees and any other structure that might hold the bugs. We see them often on our decks and they usually pick a little bit and then move on,  perhaps just checking to see if there is anything edible there. These rascals also love hummingbird or oriole nectar, sunflower seeds and of course suet in winter. We have discovered  many species that will head straight for the nectar for orioles or hummingbirds and also plunge their beaks eagerly into the grape jam bowls orioles love. Birds will eat a greater variety than you might think. We have found they do not like limburger cheese, hot dogs, or Makers Mark bourbon.  I am thankful for that.
    • And pretty soon there'll be little chinese restaurants springing up everywhere...there goes the neighborhood. 
    • I use the ball of aluminum foil, too. Works well.
    • lay them in the grass over night and wipe off in the morning.  the dew soaks in if it's moist out.  other wise lay them out and place wet towels over them for awhile..
  • Our Sponsors