• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Forums go dead??

motownmasher

I agree that the forums have gone dead. I've been a member for years but when the format changed I couldn't log back in and it took weeks to get a reply to my inquiry regarding this. Therefore, I rejoined under a new username. I've always participated in the Photo Sharing and Bird Watching forums. Years ago, it was common to get a dozen or more replies to an informative post or a photo that I took. Now, even though there may be 100 or more views, it's shocking to get more than a couple replies. It's not even unusual for mods to seemingly be off the grid for months at a time. Now that I have a place near Park Rapids, I was hoping to find some fishing info on that sub forum but nada. Another dead area. I think a lot has to do with laziness. If a person has the time to read a post, they have time to reply to a post. Anything to encourage a person to continue posting would help. Just a reply such as "that's interesting info, thanks" would be encouraging. Anyway, it is what it is unfortunately. Personally, I find FB is only good for businesses promoting, nosy people and people that like to brag. 

Unless you want to talk endlessly about Donald Trump there isn't much going on here on a typical day.  I frequent a several forums and several have really hit a brick wall and are clearly in a decline, the speed of which seems to vary but not the direction they are headed.

I have also seen a few that have good content but they tend to be a little more focused on a select topic, for instance bow hunting.