• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Good night to grill - venison backstrap

Nice!  I have a backstrap portion about 10" long in a Lowry's Smokehouse marinade right now.  I will also wrap in bacon and throw on the grill tonight.

I'll try to get photos, but they always seem to get drool on them when grilling venison :)

I use this marinade for all my venison then to the grill for about 4 minutes per side 150 degrees is a little to high for me I shoot for 140 and it ends up at about 145 after resting.

Ingredients
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1/2 lime, juiced
1 tablespoon dried minced onion
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon thyme
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon dried, minced garlic
3 dashes hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco(R)), or to
taste
2 (4 ounce) venison steaks
Directions
Whisk Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, lime juice, onion, red pepper flakes, dry mustard, salt, thyme,
black pepper, garlic, and hot pepper sauce together in a bowl; pour into a resealable plastic bag. Add
venison steaks, coat with the marinade, squeeze to remove excess air, and seal the bag. Marinate in the
refrigerator at least 1 hour.
Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
Remove venison from the marinade and shake o㉰ excess. Discard remaining marinade.
Cook the steaks until they are firm, hot in the center, and just turning from pink to grey, about 5 minutes
per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 150 degrees F (65 degrees C)

Emily's Marinated Venison Steaks - Printer Friendly - Allrecipes.pdf