Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

rascal23

Anybody body fishing pool 2 for bass?

9 posts in this topic

Anybody fishing pool 2? Any reports in real general terms?  I've been looking at adding it to the mix in between troutin'. Got a pretty good idea of where to go and what to use - just curious if anybody has been giving it a go.  Going to try to get down there wednesday.

I was out last weekend for a few hours and had 1bite. Water temps were still only 41-42 at that time. After this warm weather water temps should be in low to mid 50s and bass should be chewing. I did get out last Wedneday for some eyes and smallies and ended up with 2 smallies and missed a few. Biggest was 3.25lbs

Thanks b24.  The plan is to launch at St. Paul Park and go south from there. Itchin' to be bass fishin.

I went out last wednesday, was seeing some backwater areas as high as 55*F, probably warmed up even more over the weekend. 

I was out on Sunday.  I saw temps around 56-57.  Saw a few bass fellas out.  I fished the main river and caught a few smallies.

I'm down the river (pools 8/9) but the temps really jumped this week with the warm weather. Bass have been moving. I did pretty well tonight cranking wingdams. 

I was out last Saturday. There was a bunch of traffic south of St. Paul Park! Read some water temps in the mid to high 60's which really surprised me. Caught a bunch of small males up shallow.

Great posts, guys. Headed down tomorrow. Will let you know how we do.

Got down to pool 2 for the first time. Cool piece of water. Launched at St Paul Park and went down the long backwater channel. Water temp was 60 - 61 just about everywhere we were.

Fished alot of different type of water and ended up with 2 browns, 2 greens and a kitty. 3 fish came off and around a point by CF industries. All fish were nice by river standards, 15"+ with a smallie going 18. One bit a spinnerbait, the other 3, swimming a jig. Tried to duplicate the water where the 3 came from - shallow cover near deep water with a little current, but no go. After watching MLF in Lacrosse, it was fun to put that to use in pool 2 - even if it didn't work that well.

We never got into Mooers lake or Grey Cloud channel, not enough time.  Just nice to get out and throw the bass gear and work out the casting kinks.     Now on to SE MN for some trout fishing :grin:.