• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

My grill/barbecue/smoker setup

We'll I just finished taking all my outdoor cooking appliances apart an cleaning them for the summer, now that it's finally here. I've got some pork chops defrosting for tonight, and because the wife loved RH's salmon cake so much, I may try them on the grill with a little smoke added.

On the right is my Weber Spirit 210E, the gas grill I don't use much, but a nice grill. In the center is my trusty Cookshack SM009 electric smoker. It's smokes everything great, except it's a little small for sausage. And last but not least, the best barbecue Weber ever made, the Performer. This is my go to barbecue.

I have a question: does anyone know what that chain and spring thing on the second photo is? 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Sweet! I agree Cooperman. I love my Performer. Had it 3 years or so. Nice to have everything right where I want it and a place to set my beverage. I may opt to donate my old original 22 1/2" Weber to some friend's for their cabin and get one of those 26" jobs for the bigger turkeys, larger group cooking, etc. I think Jim Almquist has one of those. Does your Performer have the plastic table or is it the newer one with the metal surface? Looks like a nice smomer set up too! :D 

Nice setup, Coop!

"I have a question: does anyone know what that chain and spring thing on the second photo is"? 

Of course I do!!! In case the igniter doesn't work, ya wedge a paper match in the end of that circle, light it, and insert into grill...*POOF*  (seriously) Old school stuff. And, I think the Spirit is the one on the left...that's what I have. :)

Thanks all, 

and thanks Reb. I've been looking at that thing for a couple of years wondering what it could be used for. 

Dotch, it's the plastic top, I think it was purchased within a couple of years after they came out. The only thing I don't like about it, is it stains easily.