• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Alternative Medicine

jbell1981

I don't want to sidetrack my cancer thread but want peoples input on alternative medicine and would be especially curious to hear from those that use it. 

The "doctor" (I will reluctantly and loosely use that term here) my MIL is seeing examined her in an office and just by touching her told her that she got cancer by eating chicken that was contaminated by arsenic 5 months ago. He was supposedly able to tell her how many cancer cells are in her body and that the cancer has already spread to her bone marrow (she will be tested for this next week by real doctors). He precribed her an array of pills and oils to use to treat the cancer as well as some pretty extreme diet changes. Some example of the diet changes are no wheat products, limit sugar, only eat pork or fish (no poultry and red meat). This is apparently going to "cure" the cancer.

The few other things I know about this doctor is that he thinks the government is out to get him as he thinks the government is killing off alternative medicine doctors. He tries to keep his identity a secret for this reason. He is apparently a physic. He has convinced my sister in laws that the wireless electric meter signals cause cancer but cells phone, wifi and other signals don't.

To me, this seems like a bunch of hocus pocus and I don't understand how any educated person could believe this but yet some do? If the methods worked wouldn't it just be called medicine and science not alternative medicine, homeopathy etc and wouldn't everyone be doing it? To me, it's about as effective as prayer (disclaimer: I am an atheist).

You have to ask your self why there are big buildings all over call Hospitals with people in them that have spent years of their lives learning how to care for people and are approved by the Government to do so.

And most Homeopathic healers are someone's Aunt Edna working out of the basement of her home?

Now the Paranoid folks are going to say Hospitals and Doctors are all a Government plot to rip people off!

But nothing in this life is a sure thing so I'm putting my money & faith in the Hospitals and Doctors and God!.

Sorry Aunt Edna!:(

(disclaimer: believes in God).

Edited by leech~~

Like most people I'm not a big believer in alternative medicine and I'm really not a believer in the type of conspiracy mumbo jumbo this "doctor" seems to be spouting.  However, I think there could be some merit in using SOME aspects of alternative medicine in conjunction with traditional medicine to help fight certain things like cancer.

For instance the traditional treatments for cancer are chemo and radiation both of which are incredibly hard on the body.  Certain elements of alternative medicine like healthy diets and some natural elements that can help boost the immune system might help the body cope with the effects of the traditional treatment methods. If those alternative medicine options can also put the patient in a better state of mind by allowing them to think they are doing something beneficial then that is also a positive gain.  Attitude is a big part of the fight against cancer.

So I think there are some small pieces that might have some merit but only in that things like a healthy diet (even if overly restrictive) should have a positive impact on the overall health of someone even if it does nothing to actually cure the cancer.

As described, this guy is a lunatic and needs to be locked up.  He is violating the law as I understand it, and is either a con man or delusional.   In either case, law enforcement needs to be involved. 

Whether some alternative medicine things are beneficial to an individual is another story.  I think it depends on which ones and how they are used, personally.  Some, like Homeopathy, are clearly unscientific and absurd. 

40 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

You have to ask your self why there are big buildings all over call Hospitals with people in them that have spent years of their lives learning how to care for people and are approved by the Government to do so.

And most Homeopathic healers are someone's Aunt Edna working out of the basement of her home?

Now the Paranoid folks are going to say Hospitals and Doctors are all a Government plot to rip people off!

But nothing in this life is a sure thing so I'm putting my money & faith in the Hospitals and Doctors and God!.

Sorry Aunt Edna!:(

(disclaimer: believes in God).

I tried to talk my wife into the homeopathic colonoscopy she had this morning but she's all about Big Hospitals like Leech and she had it done there.   She said the doctor was really young, I'm pretty sure he's a DNR spy and implanted a chip in her rear end and will be listening to our conversations.  If I keep a slot walleye this year and she's with me and I get caught that will be the proof!  I can outfox them though, I'm not going to talk anymore or I could just follow the rules.  You Big Hospital people always say, "if you have nothing to hide then you shouldn't care."  Whatever, wait til you have a tracking device put inside of you then you'll care :)  "They" are watching all of us.

This isn't as bad as cancer, but a co-worker had a terrible rash that wouldn't go away.  It was all over her body.  It got so bad she could hardly work.  A friend convinced her to see an "alternative doctor".  That "doctor" performed acupuncture and prescribed bathing in all types of exotic herbs.  This went on for weeks and the rash did not go away.  I finally convinced my co-worker see my dermatologist.  She was advised by others not to go because the M.D. would prescribe harmful drugs.  First appointment the M.D. says it is not a fungal rash as the "alternative doctor" stated, skin irritation caused by poor circulation.  The prescription ended up being a pair of compression leggings.  Magically, the "rash" disappeared in about two days after the compression leggings were worn.

When do people start to blame themselves?  I mean, would you continue to get that treatment for weeks if nothing was working?  Sorry for your MIL, bad deal there.  Crooks everywhere.  Like MD thinking wearing leggings forever is going to heal the circulation issue instead of finding the reason why it occurred in the first place....  

And this patient, like most patients of homeopaths, naturopaths, and straight chiros, was failed by their practitioner.   

I don't have an opinion about ayruveda, accupuncture, or tcm. BTW.

Going to a fraud is not common sense.

On 4/15/2016 at 9:26 AM, leechlake said:

I tried to talk my wife into the homeopathic colonoscopy she had this morning but she's all about Big Hospitals like Leech and she had it done there.   She said the doctor was really young, I'm pretty sure he's a DNR spy and implanted a chip in her rear end and will be listening to our conversations.  If I keep a slot walleye this year and she's with me and I get caught that will be the proof!  I can outfox them though, I'm not going to talk anymore or I could just follow the rules.  You Big Hospital people always say, "if you have nothing to hide then you shouldn't care."  Whatever, wait til you have a tracking device put inside of you then you'll care :)  "They" are watching all of us.

I want some of what he's smoming! :lol:

Anal canal doctoring is a lucrative and rewarding profession in it's own right.

These doctors are constantly on the lookout for poly-lips, which are bowel babies that have been implanted in your bowels via your toilet by alien beings.

2 hours ago, swamptiger said:

These doctors are constantly on the lookout for poly-lips, which are bowel babies that have been implanted in your bowels via your toilet by alien beings.

True, but a good butt candling should take care of that. Pull those impurities right out. :sick:

for a small donation the local volunteer fire department has a colon clean up every Spring in conjunction with the Recycle and rubbish day.  The chief is a chiropractor so it's supervised by a Doctor which is reassuring.  I'd assume the hose they use has plenty of safety valves on it and ample pressure.  Its a win/win for everyone. 

1 hour ago, leechlake said:

for a small donation the local volunteer fire department has a colon clean up every Spring in conjunction with the Recycle and rubbish day.  The chief is a chiropractor so it's supervised by a Doctor which is reassuring.  I'd assume the hose they use has plenty of safety valves on it and ample pressure.  Its a win/win for everyone. 

I'll be right, um, behind you.

9 hours ago, swamptiger said:

I think there being melded in there by using RH1 meat recipes! :D