• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What's a fair price for these tires and wheels?

jmg

Question

Bought a used boat last year on which the prev. owner had put 13" tires on a trailer that was supposed to have 12" on it.  VERY little clearance betw. tires and fenders.  So I called ShorLander and they were not too thrilled by those 13" tires and told me to go back to 5.30x12", which I did, both new wheels and tires.  So I have these 2 tires and mod looking  white wheels that he said were only 2 yrs. old with few miles on them, which I could believe.  But, the size is one that is not easy to find(A78-13ST or ST-165/80D13).  Said he bought them at CENEX in Hutchinson, MN.  I am just wondering what a fair price would be for these?  They do appear to be in good shape.  I can't seem to find that size listed anywhere so I was hoping that one of you astute tire folks could give me some insight.  Just don't want to get hosed by selling them too cheap, but want to sell them soon.  figure, if nothing else, they might make good spares for someone with similar, close size tires.

Thanks for any help.

5 answers to this question

How about a call to CENEX of Hutchinson MN.  Perhaps they could tell you more about these wheels and tires....Like the price.  

Just for fun I looked at Northern Tool's sight to check.  Looks like a wheel and tire, 13 inch, is in the ballpark of $100 brand new.  Some a little less, some a little more.  Here is a link...

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/category_tires-wheels+high-speed-trailer-tires-wheels+13in.-high-speed-trailer-tires-wheels

Bass Pro was a little more, Cabelas more like northern, depending on how fancy the rimz are. 

Depends a lot on the tires. If they're the ones that come from places like Northern, walmart, etc, they're not worth much. (Loadmaster's, Carlisles, etc.)  Lot of junk trailer tires out there. If they are a good name brand radial, makes a big difference. As far as the wheels, if they are the white spoked ones, those go for about $40 each. Honest going rate would be $100 tops for both, $80 fair price IMO, and I've been in this stuff for a long time. Good luck!

Thanks, Del and Rebel, for your input.  Reason I didn't call Hutch Cenex was because I had just spent another afternoon/evening on hold with calls to 2 cust. service centers, on unrelated matters, waiting and waiting, but hanging on 'cause they kept telling me how important my call was to them!  .  Guess I was just phoned out. Think I will put a price of $60.00 for the pair and see what happens.  Seems fair, since that's about the cost of the wheels alone.

Enjoy the beautiful weather!