Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

jbell1981

Cancer Treatment from a Witch Doctor

236 posts in this topic

I wonder what your rationale is when a shriners hospital commercial comes on.  Age?  Lol. 

4 hours ago, DrJuice1980 said:

What a fool.

I wonder what your rationale is when a shriners hospital commercial comes on.  Age?  Lol. 

That is a non-sequitur.  That the best you can come up with?  ?   

(disclaimer.   This is not my personal research.   I found it with google by starting at https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/understanding/statistics )

Oh, wait.  They aren't up.   From https://seer.cancer.gov/statfacts/html/all.html

(click on the little graph)

Number of New Cases and Deaths Per 100,000 People (All Races, Males and Females), Age-Adjusted

Year New Cases  SEER 9New Cases  SEER 13Deaths - US

1975 400.5             199.1

1976 407.4               202.3

1977 407.8               203.0

1978 407.3               204.4

1979 412.5               204.5

1980 418.1               207.0

1981 425.3               206.4

1982 424.5               208.3

1983 431.1               209.2

1984 440.0               210.9

1985 448.9               211.3

1986 451.3               211.8

1987 468.0               211.9

1988 463.9               212.6

1989 467.9               214.3

1990 482.1               214.9

1991 503.1               215.1

1992 510.6   503.3   213.5

1993 493.5   487.0   213.4

1994 483.6   475.3   211.7

1995 477.1   471.4   209.9

1996 479.4   473.1   207.0

1997 486.6   478.6   203.6

1998 488.6   480.3   200.8

1999 490.8   481.4   200.7

2000 486.6   475.2   198.8

2001 490.3   478.7   196.3

2002 488.1   474.3   194.4

2003 475.9   463.4   190.9

2004 477.0   465.0   186.8

2005 473.1   460.8   185.2

2006 476.7   461.4   182.0

2007 482.6   468.6   179.3

2008 476.1   462.3   176.3

2009 474.5   460.6   173.4

2010 464.6   450.7   171.7

2011 458.9   443.0   168.7

2012 445.7   429.3   166.3

2013 436.5   419.5   163.0

The Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results (SEER) Program of the National Cancer Institute provides information on cancer statistics in an effort to reduce the cancer burden among the U.S. population. SEER is supported by the Surveillance Research Program, which provides national leadership in the science of cancer surveillance as well as analytical tools and methodological expertise in collecting, analyzing, interpreting, and disseminating reliable population-based statistics.

For an in-depth look at SEER, read our program overview, or take a look at our fact sheets & brochures.

SEER13 includes some more areas of the country in addition to those of SEER9

Sure you can say we are living longer but you could also say we live longer in an environment full of pollution and most of our food is flooded with all kinds of garbage, none of it is good for our health. Even forget cancer and look at healthcare as a whole, if we eat better and take care of ourselves the odd of you getting cancer or some other disease are down. It is really the ultimate test in personal responsibility, do you want to live longer and care enough about yourself to take care of your health. If the answer is yes more than likely live a long healthy life. If the answer is no then you likely visit the doctor frequently and are on several medications just to get by. I'll stick to eating healthy with a little exercise and stay as far away from the doc and meds as humanly possible.

Then the reason cancer rates are down is?   

Eat right and exercise is an excellent thing to do.  

We probably have much less pollution in the air and water and even food than we did back in the day.   We used to have lead in gas that ended up in the air and soil,   raw sewage in the Mississippi, DDT and PCB in the water, and so on.   

Seeing a doctor to get checked out is also a good idea.   Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, High Cholesterol, all can be present and you won't know.   And you can get them in spite of everything you do.

Better now? You live in a tiny bubble of convenience. 

Great statement bear on the "if you want it, youll do it." Theres a big difference in the idea of and wanting it. The idea of something doesnt allow much for action. The idea of will make you rely on others, which is all too widespread in todays society. Del and Big Dave embody this mentality, proof is in their replies, the "eventually" mentality since it happened to them or somebody they know, the "my daddy" response-which is one he actually took here. No real information,  just a little story they created truth from, lol.  Wanting something makes you responsible in acheiving so theres more motivation to not let yourself down. 

Id rather be proactive versus trusting im going to see the best doctor in town for an avoidable future medical issue, but i consider myself a doer, not a get it done for me, kind of guy. 

1 hour ago, delcecchi said:

We all know what they say about statistics. Overall 1.68 million people got cancer last year in US, those aren't numbers to brag about. It would be more telling to see some number going back 100+ years but I'm sure some of the data might be sketchy. Just a guess but it might depend on the type of cancer, I am guessing less people are smoking these days so lung cancer will be down and other forms of cancer might be up a bit. It would be nice if the numbers continue to drop.

Page 2 of this pdf takes us back a little further, pretty steady climb in cancer from 1935 to 1980ish and then a stead decline. Of course this only tracks cancer deaths so we still aren't getting the whole picture. Not sure why your sources don't go back beyond 1975. https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/databriefs/db88.pdf

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, delcecchi said:

Eat right and exercise is an excellent thing to do.  

We probably have much less pollution in the air and water and even food than we did back in the day.   We used to have lead in gas that ended up in the air and soil,   raw sewage in the Mississippi, DDT and PCB in the water, and so on.   

Seeing a doctor to get checked out is also a good idea.   Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, High Cholesterol, all can be present and you won't know.   And you can get them in spite of everything you do.

You sound like a commercial thats trying to convince me, theres never been a better time than now.  Thats something youve been programmed to believe through media, thanks for showing that, now back to your Monsanto product line of cancer.  Them seeds are better nowadays, dontcha know?

Del doesnt trust government but he trusts government controlled entities.... good for you bro!  Whats next, create a screen name using your actual name? Lol!

Edited by DrJuice1980

The seer project was only able to get data going back so far.   There is the capability to get the stats by type of cancer if you want to go into more detail.   

Yeah, using my name was probably a mistake, but I didn't realize that there were loonies like you on here.  

What is it that makes you so totally anti-science, Juice, but yet so gullible when it comes to "alternative medicine"?   You remind me of one of those guys back in the day talking about the secret 100 mpg carburetor that the auto companies were suppressing, or maybe it was the oil companies.....  

http://www.snopes.com/autos/business/carburetor.asp

tells all about it.   

You didnt realize.... i bet you say that often.  Too bad you never learn anything from it, cause you already have all the convenient answers.

Edited by DrJuice1980

3 hours ago, DrJuice1980 said:

You didnt realize.... i bet you say that often.  Too bad you never learn anything from it, cause you already have all the convenient answers.

I don't know you are going to have much luck convincing people if you always talk down to them, not everyone has to agree on everything but your writing style will turn them away from any alternative medicine before they even give it a chance. It also doesn't help that there is a long history of quackery around some of this stuff so it is hard to blame people for being skeptical.

Big Dave2 likes this

28 minutes ago, Bear55 said:

I don't know you are going to have much luck convincing people if you always talk down to them, not everyone has to agree on everything but your writing style will turn them away from any alternative medicine before they even give it a chance. It also doesn't help that there is a long history of quackery around some of this stuff so it is hard to blame people for being skeptical.

Are you new here?  Troll him and move on, you're wasting your time arguing with someone who is superior to everyone in every way.  Leave that to business to Del who drinks up the vinegar and water solution as soon as it sprays out of the nozzle.

I don't even know what the argument is anymore. Juice seems to have somehow flipped this into an argument against eating healthy. I didn't think anyone was debating against that? Prevention is the best medicine, I doubt even Del could argue with that but I thought the argument here was what type of treatment is best AFTER you contract a disease?

2 hours ago, bobbymalone said:

Are you new here?  Troll him and move on, you're wasting your time arguing with someone who is superior to everyone in every way.  Leave that to business to Del who drinks up the vinegar and water solution as soon as it sprays out of the nozzle.

I'm new to Dr J that is for sure, just peddling age old advice but I can't tell if he really wants to debate everything or get in pizzing matches with people.

Kind of a mix of both of those bear. Thanks for the advice, if i cared what people thought of me i might consider it. It wasnt that bad though, ive had guys pm me telling me to go buy a book on influencing people to make friends, lol, how fake is that? Like me or not, im not losing a wink over it. I dont expect anybody to take any advice, if they want to learn they will bring themselves to learn and nothing i say will change that.

Big Dave, let me know how you came up with me against healthy eating, or is this just a lame debate tactic your trying to use? 

Funny how Bobby says move on, that guy is trying to get in my jock 24/7 on here, nobody trolls you cause you're worthless.

Edited by DrJuice1980

It's not really about caring what people think so much as trying to get a clear message out. You might just be driving them to big pharm prescriptions, then again maybe that was your evil plan all along. ;)

2 hours ago, DrJuice1980 said:

Big Dave, let me know how you came up with me against healthy eating, or is this just a lame debate tactic your trying to use? 

I didn't say You were the one who was against healthy eating but you seem to think everyone else is.

picard-facepalm.jpg

1 hour ago, Bear55 said:

It's not really about caring what people think so much as trying to get a clear message out. You might just be driving them to big pharm prescriptions, then again maybe that was your evil plan all along. ;)

Lol, that would be the thought, me being so dubious and all.

Until you question yourself, youll never stop learning.

Dave, do you eat healthy? Detail the last 3 days of eating, times and amounts please. Lets see how well you care about yourself...

2 hours ago, DrJuice1980 said:

Dave, do you eat healthy? Detail the last 3 days of eating, times and amounts please. Lets see how well you care about yourself...

Why keep deflecting and changing the subject? I already conceded that eating healthy and treating your body better is the best form of prevention. The problem is, I don't think anyone is disputing that. The point of this thread was about treatment options of diseases and other ailments. In fact, it was specifically about cancer treatment. You seem to prefer herbs and chiropractors to medications and doctors. That is what this thread really is about no matter what direction you try to take it.

The only difference between you and me on this issue is that you are completely denouncing modern medicine as quackery while touting most natural healing processes as fact. I on the other hand believe that there is a happy medium somewhere. There are some natural medicine techniques that work wonders for certain patients with certain issues. There are also times when modern medicine holds the answers to health, comfort or even survival.

All I can say is if you think that herbs, teas, supplements and chiropractors alone are going to keep you alive until you are 100, good luck.

24 minutes ago, Big Dave2 said:

Why keep deflecting and changing the subject? I already conceded that eating healthy and treating your body better is the best form of prevention. The problem is, I don't think anyone is disputing that. The point of this thread was about treatment options of diseases and other ailments. In fact, it was specifically about cancer treatment. You seem to prefer herbs and chiropractors to medications and doctors. That is what this thread really is about no matter what direction you try to take it.

The only difference between you and me on this issue is that you are completely denouncing modern medicine as quackery while touting most natural healing processes as fact. I on the other hand believe that there is a happy medium somewhere. There are some natural medicine techniques that work wonders for certain patients with certain issues. There are also times when modern medicine holds the answers to health, comfort or even survival.

All I can say is if you think that herbs, teas, supplements and chiropractors alone are going to keep you alive until you are 100, good luck.

Isn't that a bit frustrating Dave. Almost "makes your head explode" trying to talk sense to some people! :lol::lol:

Quote me on the modern medicine, quackery statement. 

You cant.

Nice dodge showing how much you care about your own health. You are what you eat Dave, what are you?

Yup, everytime i call you or del out to put up the truth about your own bodies, you dodge. Wouldn't that be the ultimate proof that your way of addressing personal health and wellness is more effective in preventing and healing?  I think you guys have an idea from what you've been told and not what you bring yourself to learn and you never put anything to use so, who are you really to share your opinion? A couple of blowhards, thats who.

Edited by DrJuice1980

1 hour ago, DrJuice1980 said:

Yup, everytime i call you or del out to put up the truth about your own bodies, you dodge. Wouldn't that be the ultimate proof that your way of addressing personal health and wellness is more effective in preventing and healing?

Maybe you should be thankful if I dodge that question, you might not get the answer that you think you are going to get since I am on a pretty strict low-carb diet. I eat lots of meat, eggs and salad and I stay away from processed food. I rarely eat bread or potatoes. The meat I buy comes directly from local sources at the meat market I live across the street from.

I'm sure you could do better in your infinite knowledge but it's the diet that works for me and my diabetes.

But again, this has nothing to do with the topic at hand. I have conceded from the very beginning of my involvement in this thread that the true answer to staying healthy is preventative measures. I have said this no less than 4 times now but you still keep insisting that's what this thread is about. 

Go back and re-read this thread. If you could do it with an open mind (which I doubt) you may come away with a new opinion on who has been dodging questions. You have dodged almost every question asked of you.

A couple of blowhards, thats who.

pot kettle black.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

16 hours ago, leech~~ said:

Isn't that a bit frustrating Dave. Almost "makes your head explode" trying to talk sense to some people! :lol::lol:

I know, right?

It's so frustrating trying to debate with people who reject modern science in favor of fairy tales and unproven theories. :D:D

Edited by Big Dave2
jbell1981 likes this

57 minutes ago, Big Dave2 said:

I know, right?

It's so frustrating trying to debate with people who reject modern science in favor of fairy tales and unproven theories. :D:D

Auu, since it's not a Faith based discussion it should be pretty easy for you both to use humanist science facts to come to the same conclusion and agreement. Carry on! ;) 

1 hour ago, Big Dave2 said:

Maybe you should be thankful if I dodge that question, you might not get the answer that you think you are going to get since I am on a pretty strict low-carb diet. I eat lots of meat, eggs and salad and I stay away from processed food. I rarely eat bread or potatoes. The meat I buy comes directly from local sources at the meat market I live across the street from.

I'm sure you could do better in your infinite knowledge but it's the diet that works for me and my diabetes.

So when did you become more responsible or did you always eat this way and what event made you consider the change? I rest my case.

If youve made anything about your opinion known, that is not preventative, in fact its been the exact opposite. Youve told me time and time again that im young and wait until im older, totally discrediting any preventative measure.  Thats been your opinion Dave, however its more convenient to just type up some talk for who you think you are, but keep lying to yourself, probably the only one dumb enough to believe those lies.

Leech still believes that being a big meany cause cancer, like he was taught in sunday school. 

Edited by DrJuice1980