Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

jbell1981

Cancer Treatment from a Witch Doctor

236 posts in this topic

Just remember, for every 1 wackjob chiro there's probably 10 surgeons that don't give a rip about you unless they're able to get surgery approved.  Meaning their advise and prescribed narcotics/injections will eventually lead you to a pay day.  We can't be so naive now folks, but let's all dive into this one case and attempt to destroy the practice while we turn a shoulder to the other, that happens WAY more often. 

That number of 10-1 is pretty light by the way.

What exactly are you trying to say here? That we should follow the advice of a chiro instead of a MD?

My MIL's doctors have been trying to avoid surgery of her colon tumor but if they end up doing it it's because they are just looking for a payday? Is that what you are trying to say? Or that she should just ignore it and keep doing what the wack job chiro says (he said she was cured when in fact her tumor had grown exponentially)?

I have several ailments that surgery could be an option. All of my doctors have recommended the less invasive route for each one. Same with my wife and my children.

I'm saying be more aware then the average "well my doc says" person. Also educate yourself on the human body a little bit. Not saying that you can cure cancer but going to a doctor and walking out with a bottle of pills isn't always in your best interest. 

I'm glad you know surgery will fix things and not create additional issues, cause severing tissue never has a backlash.

Insinuate much though, wow.

Juice, you are a true believer of the Chiro witch doctors.   Why don't you just come out once and scream it?

14 hours ago, DrJuice1980 said:

I'm glad you know surgery will fix things and not create additional issues, cause severing tissue never has a backlash.

Insinuate much though, wow.

Did you even read what I said?

Stupidity-And-Beyond.jpg

Del, i do believe the chiropractic approach to healing an injury is significantly better then painkillers and muscle relaxers. Which may create the need to visit MD again to get something to loosen the stools from the pain meds. He's now billed for multiple office visits and services, you know, running a business. Stop being so naive.

Juice, you're not even in the right ball park on this one.  You're talking about fixing an injury and muscle relaxers, Jbell and his family is dealing with Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma which is slightly more serious and more complicated. I think you're going to have to admit this one is above your pay grade.

You bring up valid points in that you can't always blindly trust a doctor.  You should take a proactive approach to your own medical care by asking a lot of questions, seeking 2nd opinions, and being informed.  However, there is a time and place to get up on your chiro soap box and I don't think this is one of them. In this case jbell's mother in law put her own life in jeopardy by not trusting the doctors.  Had she been more proactive and got informed versus just running away to the Witch Dr she could possibly have avoided a lot of additional pain and suffering and increased her odds at a successful outcome.    

Wellesy and jbell1981 like this

So a bit of history here, my mom was diagnosed with lung cancer last august.  She was suppose to have her half lung removed in Nov last year, opened her up and the tumor was much larger and spread in the lung that they could not do the surgery.  She did daily radiation and added a dose of chemo twice a week during the radiation time.  This started in Nov and ended in Jan.  She went in for follow up and for a pain in her back in March.  The cancer had spread to her spine, ribs, where the chemo port was placed in her upper chest.  Yesterday, ten minutes after dad and i left her room in hospice she passed away.  

She did the immunotherapy to extend her life and make it less painful.(there is a tv commercial for this drug).  It does not treat just makes the cancer more manageable for the patient.   This was done twice and she decided it was not doing anything.  

So with dealing with anything like this, ask questions, research as much as possible, even if family members do not want your input, as i can tell you that people will get PO'd at you, you will get PO'd at them, but ultimately the only thing everyone is wanting a smooth and stress free resolution to this.  

I, being the, if you will "the outsider" looking in, waited for other FM who live closer than i do, and eventually i was told that "we" will handle this not you.  I was very upset but decided that i will help from behind the scene.  Do what you can for you and your family.  I am a believer that if mom would not have been opened up, she may still be here or may have not had the cancer spread to other organs as quickly.  My thoughts, not a doctor, did not sleep in Motel 6, just going from the experiences in the last year.  Good luck to you and your family.  Jeff

My Sister in Law died of metastatic lung cancer a few years ago.   She didn't know anything was wrong until it had already spread to her bones.    Lung cancer is one that is pretty tough to cure, since it often isn't caught early enough, among other reasons. 

In the case of your mother, I would guess that the reason they didn't complete the procedure was that the cancer had already spread (metastasized) to other places, like the other side of the lung or other organs, or bones.   So it was a terminal situation at that point.  

Could a more extensive evaluation, PET scans, MRI, etc spared her the surgery?   That is sure a possibility.  Did the surgery have an adverse effect on the course of her disease?  That seems less likely, although the surgery itself surely was a negative thing.   

But in all cases, regardless of what the Chiros claim, manipulation of the spine to align subluxations would have done nothing to affect it at all.  Neither would Reiki,  copper bracelets, Laetrile, or an orgone box.

The only form of alternative medicine that I've found to be effective is the use of leeches.  Treatment is fairly simple but almost always effective.  All I do is take the leech, put it on the end of a hook and cast it into a lake.  I start feeling better almost instantly. I've found you need to repeat treatment on a regular basis for best results. 

Edited by nofishfisherman
leech~~, jbell1981, rundrave and 1 other like this

57 minutes ago, delcecchi said:

My Sister in Law died of metastatic lung cancer a few years ago.   She didn't know anything was wrong until it had already spread to her bones.    Lung cancer is one that is pretty tough to cure, since it often isn't caught early enough, among other reasons. 

In the case of your mother, I would guess that the reason they didn't complete the procedure was that the cancer had already spread (metastasized) to other places, like the other side of the lung or other organs, or bones.   So it was a terminal situation at that point.   

Could a more extensive evaluation, PET scans, MRI, etc spared her the surgery?   That is sure a possibility.  Did the surgery have an adverse effect on the course of her disease?  That seems less likely, although the surgery itself surely was a negative thing.   

But in all cases, regardless of what the Chiros claim, manipulation of the spine to align subluxations would have done nothing to affect it at all.  Neither would Reiki,  copper bracelets, Laetrile, or an orgone box.

Hi Del, she did so many PET, MRI, CAT and other tests.  When they got in the surgeon said that the tumor was peanut shaped from lower thru the mid and starting to get into the upper lobe.  At that point no other cancer was seen on tests.  It was after the treatments that it had spread throughout and we figured that it was in her brain at the time she went to hospice house.  It is a tough cancer and painful.  Thanks for your thoughts.  Jeff

12 minutes ago, jmd1 said:

Hi Del, she did so many PET, MRI, CAT and other tests.  When they got in the surgeon said that the tumor was peanut shaped from lower thru the mid and starting to get into the upper lobe.  At that point no other cancer was seen on tests.  It was after the treatments that it had spread throughout and we figured that it was in her brain at the time she went to hospice house.  It is a tough cancer and painful.  Thanks for your thoughts.  Jeff

I thought perhaps the scans might have revealed that the tumor was inoperable before the surgery.   Apparently that was not the case. 

It sure is a tough way to go.   You have my sympathy.   Watching her sister was very hard on my wife.  It was bad for me, but much harder for her.   The sister had two college age kids at the time as well.  

New locations for the cancer kept showing up, in her case all in the bones.  

I still can't believe that people still believe in WD's. We live in the 21st century and it is still pretty hard to digest the fact.Better get your MIL consulted with a real doctor.  

My fil, last summer was dx with stage 4 prostrate cancer, he had the usual options here and decided to go to mexico.  I have never heard of people going to mexico and coming back with good results.  Well I have now.  My fil was there for close to a month.  He is now in florida having a great time and he says he feels awesome.  He came back with stories of people that he personally met with great results.  Im still a bit sceptic but there are real options out there most not available in the u.s because of our big pharma problem here.  His trip to mexico was around 7000 for almost a month of continued care.  My fil is in his upper 70s and decided not to go through all the chemo like my wife had.  So far hes made a great decision.  Time will tell.  As of now hes enjoying life.  

Edited by bottomdweller
add more words

What was the treatment he received in Mexico?    There is everything from top notch doctors to quacks there,  so just wondering 

On 2/4/2017 at 9:42 PM, delcecchi said:

What was the treatment he received in Mexico?    There is everything from top notch doctors to quacks there,  so just wondering 

I'd also be interested to hear what treatment he received and if he has gone in for any follow up visits with his original doctors in the US to see if the cancer is truly gone or if the doctors in Mexico simply treated the symptoms and having him feeling great without actually doing anything to treat the cancer itself.

There are certainly more options available out there and there are both good and bad doctors all over the world.  I just haven't hard many long term success stories coming from Mexico or elsewhere.

4 hours ago, nofishfisherman said:

I'd also be interested to hear what treatment he received and if he has gone in for any follow up visits with his original doctors in the US to see if the cancer is truly gone or if the doctors in Mexico simply treated the symptoms and having him feeling great without actually doing anything to treat the cancer itself.

There are certainly more options available out there and there are both good and bad doctors all over the world.  I just haven't hard many long term success stories coming from Mexico or elsewhere.

I would say that the lack of long term success stories is due to the sort of conditions people from the midwest go to Mexico with.    From my experience, folks that go to Mexico for treatment are those who have been told that the available treatments probably or certainly won't work and they have heard of some other treatment available there and not here.   And of course there are always a few loonies, like I have seen on HSO, who seem to think that cancer treatment is a conspiracy by big pharma to take money from sick people and suppress the real cures.  

"Or simply treated symptoms and had him feeling great without actually doing anything to treat the cancer itself"

Its called your parasympathetic nervous system and offers healing once "turned on."  Thats a big part to any recovery from any condition regardless of what other treatments/therapies are in your game plan.  Without that knowledge though I can see where somebody would be confused and think that is not an important piece and was used to pull the blinders over somebody, make them physically feel better, wrong treatment...  Gotta feel good if you plan on healing.  

Edited by DrJuice1980
to be a nicer person

Treating symptoms and making someone physically feel better is certainly a valid element of any treatment.  However, my original question was whether or not they did any more than that.  Physically feeling like a million bucks is all well and good and can aid in recovery for a whole host of reasons but if the treatment stops at the symptom level and never attacks the underlying cause directly all you've accomplished is making yourself more comfortable as you die. 

Nofish, you just described 99% of your doctor's visits in one post yet you bash alternative.  I love irony. 

And im writing you this prescription for the "side-effects" of the other 3 I wrote you... said the MD

42 minutes ago, nofishfisherman said:

Treating symptoms and making someone physically feel better is certainly a valid element of any treatment.  However, my original question was whether or not they did any more than that.  Physically feeling like a million bucks is all well and good and can aid in recovery for a whole host of reasons but if the treatment stops at the symptom level and never attacks the underlying cause directly all you've accomplished is making yourself more comfortable as you die. 

Remember Dr Juice is all traditional Chiropractic.  

Juicy, give it a rest. I asked another person a question that was relevant to their post.  If you don't mind lets let them answer it before you start in on your tired routine.

If you do want to be useful lets finally see that medical resume of yours that puts you in such a position of authority on the topic.  

On 9/29/2016 at 1:22 PM, nofishfisherman said:

The only form of alternative medicine that I've found to be effective is the use of leeches.  Treatment is fairly simple but almost always effective.  All I do is take the leech, put it on the end of a hook and cast it into a lake.  I start feeling better almost instantly. I've found you need to repeat treatment on a regular basis for best results. 

587cffe1ab5fc_leechlikesthis.jpg.ee1f73faca7611a0e0f0255ca67eddd0.jpg

PurpleFloyd and Big Dave2 like this

8 hours ago, DrJuice1980 said:

Truth hurts, Nofish. 

Juice got nothing.