Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

jbell1981

Cancer Treatment from a Witch Doctor

236 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, RebelSS said:

Grab the apricots!!! Laetrile is back!!!!!!!!!!

The active ingredient is cyanide, so I guess you could say it is a form of chemo-therapy.

Unapproved in the U.S. - still being practiced in Mexico and elsewhere.

44 minutes ago, swamptiger said:

I know of two other guys who went to Mexico for cancer treatment, being out of conventional options.  One survived, the other died.  The one who survived swears it saved his life.  This treatment involved vitamins, herbal concoctions, and coffee enemas.

And I worked with a wonderful woman who went to Mexico, and did the alternative thing with the juice and so forth.  Husband and her and his co-workers pitched in to prepare all the stuff, juice etc.   She died on schedule. 

15 minutes ago, swamptiger said:

The active ingredient is cyanide, so I guess you could say it is a form of chemo-therapy.

Unapproved in the U.S. - still being practiced in Mexico and elsewhere.

Only it doesn't work.  Mexico laws are different, especially when it concerns taking money from gringos. 

jbell1981 likes this

Only it doesn't work.  Mexico laws are different, especially when it concerns taking money from gringos.

Sloan Kettering buried laetrile over 40 years ago in this country, but apparently, not everyone was convinced...

I know my friend, the cancer survivor, isn't.

Contemporary Laetrile Studies Confirm Sugiura’s Work—But an Apology from Sloan Kettering Is Nowhere to Be Found

The research into Laetrile did not stop just because Sloan Kettering buried it 40 years ago. Many recent studies confirm Dr. Sugiura’s work, supporting his conclusion that Laetrile shows potential in reducing the spread of cancer, although it’s not a cure. Laetrile and amygdalin may also have benefits for other medical issues, such as kidney disease. Here are just a few of the more recent studies that substantiate Dr. Sugiura’s work:

• August 2014: In a new German study, amygdalin dose-dependently reduced growth and proliferation of bladder cancer12
  • May 2013: Amygdalin inhibits renal fibrosis in chronic kidney disease; researchers conclude it is a “potent antifibrotic agent that may have therapeutic potential for patients with fibrotic kidney diseases”13
  • February 2013: Amygdalin induces apoptosis in human cervical cancer cells; authors conclude it may offer a new therapeutic option for cervical cancer patients14
  • August 2006: Amygdalin also induces apoptosis in human prostate cancer cells15
  • February 2003: Amygdalin from Prunus persica seeds (peach pits) shows anti-tumor effects comparable to epigallocatechin gallate in green tea16

Despite contemporary research findings, you will find no retraction (or apology) by Sloan Kettering, and sadly, the vast majority of cancer information sites claim that Laetrile is useless as a cancer treatment. Laetrile was a lost opportunity. This type of misinformation is rampant in the industry, and the people who really suffer are those battling cancer and denied access to treatments that could potentially save them or extend their lives. The facts show that Dr. Sugiura was both competent and honest, but instead of accolades, he received nothing but grief because he just happened to step into the middle of a political hornets’ nest.

Here's a link to the German study.

You can use your vast medical and scientific knowledge to dispute it.

http://www.dr-puttich.de/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Amygdalin_PlosOne_Wachstum_Blase.pdf

Laetrile is poison.  Approved chemotherapy is also poison.

From American Cancer Society page:

Chemotherapy works with the cell cycle

Chemotherapy drugs target cells at different phases of the process of forming new cells, called the cell cycle. Understanding how these drugs work helps doctors predict which drugs are likely to work well together. Doctors can also plan how often doses of each drug should be given based on the timing of the cell phases.

Cancer cells tend to form new cells more quickly than normal cells and this makes them a better target for chemotherapy drugs. However, chemo drugs can’t tell the difference between healthy cells and cancer cells. This means normal cells are damaged along with the cancer cells, and this causes side effects. Each time chemo is given, it means trying to find a balance between killing the cancer cells (in order to cure or control the disease) and sparing the normal cells (to lessen side effects).

From personal experience there is a very fine line to balancing the side effects. Blood draws at every treatment and adjustments made for each dosage. You don't feel what the cancer is doing to you but you do feel all the side effects that the treatments cause It is different for every person and side effects that may effect one may not effect the person one chair over. Sometimes two or more drugs are given at the same time and of course different side effects may occur. I just came off a 14 day cycle that affected my legs leaving me unable to walk any distance and making stairs an almost impossible chore. I now have a break of 7 days and am really hoping it, the weakness was a med side effect and it will go away not just another stage of my cancer. Numb hands and feet and loss of appetite. Of course this med that I am on has been banned for over fifty years till it was fond out that did have positive benefits in killing of blood cells, I had to sign a 6 page release stating that I would stay away from little kids, newborns and pg women as this drug can and has caused sever birth defects and the cost! since they found a use for it they can charge 700;00 a dosage. won't even get into the cost of treating cancer

Swampy, do you know what "in vitro" means?  

Long ways from there to actual treatment.

12 minutes ago, delcecchi said:

Swampy, do you know what "in vitro" means?  

Long ways from there to actual treatment.

Any more revelations?

Ever hear of death by potato?

1 hour ago, Bobby Bass said:

From personal experience there is a very fine line to balancing the side effects. Blood draws at every treatment and adjustments made for each dosage. You don't feel what the cancer is doing to you but you do feel all the side effects that the treatments cause It is different for every person and side effects that may effect one may not effect the person one chair over. Sometimes two or more drugs are given at the same time and of course different side effects may occur. I just came off a 14 day cycle that affected my legs leaving me unable to walk any distance and making stairs an almost impossible chore. I now have a break of 7 days and am really hoping it, the weakness was a med side effect and it will go away not just another stage of my cancer. Numb hands and feet and loss of appetite. Of course this med that I am on has been banned for over fifty years till it was fond out that did have positive benefits in killing of blood cells, I had to sign a 6 page release stating that I would stay away from little kids, newborns and pg women as this drug can and has caused sever birth defects and the cost! since they found a use for it they can charge 700;00 a dosage. won't even get into the cost of treating cancer

Thanks for sharing, and good luck Bobby.

1 hour ago, swamptiger said:

Any more revelations?

Ever hear of death by potato?

Never ate that many green potatoes.  And the article you posted the link to was a long ways from saying laetrile was an actual viable cancer treatment.  They tested it in vitro against a cell culture.  That was the point of my remark.   It has been around for over a hundred years (yeah I looked it up, I'm not that old) and hasn't yet been found to work.  Now it could be a conspiracy, but that seems really unlikely to me,  especially since Big Pharma wasn't really rocking and rolling back in those days. 

6 hours ago, delcecchi said:

Never ate that many green potatoes.  And the article you posted the link to was a long ways from saying laetrile was an actual viable cancer treatment.  They tested it in vitro against a cell culture.  That was the point of my remark.   It has been around for over a hundred years (yeah I looked it up, I'm not that old) and hasn't yet been found to work.  Now it could be a conspiracy, but that seems really unlikely to me,  especially since Big Pharma wasn't really rocking and rolling back in those days. 

You haven't been able to provide any proof that it doesn't work, other than your opinion.

The in vitro study is proof that it does indeed slow or impede the growth of cancer cells.

You know what the active ingredient is in green potatoes is, don't you?

Edited by swamptiger

Typically in science and medicine, the burden of proof is on the proponents to show it does work, not for skeptics to prove it doesn't. 

In 100 years proponents have been unable to prove their case.

You don't really believe in this stuff, like laetrile, do you?

jbell1981 likes this

12 minutes ago, delcecchi said:

Typically in science and medicine, the burden of proof is on the proponents to show it does work, not for skeptics to prove it doesn't. 

In 100 years proponents have been unable to prove their case.

You don't really believe in this stuff, like laetrile, do you?

In 100 years, there really hasn't been all that much research done, but the treatment persists, and the only thing the opponents can claim is it's toxicity, which is already commonly known.

Put it this way, if there is no other option available, and you are dying of cancer, is it any worse to die from cyanide poisoning than from cancer?  Especially if there is a chance the treatment might work?

Back to the original topic, my MIL has come to her senses and will be both the chemo and alternative junk. 

One of my sister in laws canceled her bone marrow extraction surgery appointment (scheduled for today) and cause my MIL to flip out at her saying that she was trying to kill her or something.

She is rescheduling that appointment and the appointment for getting the central line put in for next week and then will start the chemo after that. 

She is going to keep the above sister in law out of the loop for a while. The other sister in law is on board with this plan as is, of course, my wife and my brother in law. 

leech~~ likes this

Good for her.  If she has been given an 80 percent chance of success, that is the logical and sensible thing to do.

jbell1981 likes this

Glad to hear she is going to go with the traditional treatment.  There likely isn't a reason she can't do both so she can keep doing the alternative medicine thing as well.  I'd probably just have her consult her Dr first to make sure there isn't any sort of conflict between the cancer drugs and the supplements she was given by the Alt Med guy.  I'm guessing most won't have any negative reaction but its good to check first.

PurpleFloyd and jbell1981 like this

Great news.  And there can be interactions between food or supplements and medications, so keep MD and Pharmacist informed.  

jbell1981 likes this

This is pretty much on topic.  My ex-uncle who was an intelligent guy and a pharmacist got cancer.  He and my Dad and me were in my boat fishing one day on Ottertail Lake.  He grew up there before he moved to CA. This was a few years ago and the topic of conversation was Laurence Taylor getting caught for using drugs for the third time.  We were saying what a shame he couldn't kick his habit and ruined a great career.  So then the subject changed to my uncles situation with cancer.  He had the typical U.S. options and didn't think much of them.  So he investigated the Mexico thing. He found a young female Dr. who supposedly graduated at the top of her class from the U of Oklahoma.  That really impressed him.  He said she is really bright and you can't do these things in the US.  ;)  So first she wanted him to come down to Mexico and stay at the hotel across the street and start the "Cocato" ??? spelling? treatments.  I laughed and said Uncle Del that is just cocaine just like Laurence Taylor was doing.   He didn't say much but my Dad smiled too.  Then after these treatments they keep testing to see if the cancer has improved.  If it doesn't they actually operate and take out his organs and cleanse them with some kind of "juice" and put them back in his body.  That will do it for sure she said to him.  Well he did all of this and of course still died in a year or two.  

leech~~ and swamptiger like this

If I had it to do over again, I would like to be either a weather forecaster or a doctor.  You don't have to give a 100% guarantee on your product.

LindellProStaf likes this

Prince died and it was reported he missed his appointment this morning with his Holistic Medicine person, seriously.  

Two days ago the weatherman said there was a 20 percent chance of rain today.

It's raining, so I guess he was right.

leechlake likes this

Here is a question I was wondering about?

If it's all about money why is there Doctors Without Borders who charge nothing for their time, but no Holistic Healers without Borders? Huum. :confused:

jbell1981 likes this

3 hours ago, leechlake said:

Prince died and it was reported he missed his appointment this morning with his Holistic Medicine person, seriously.  

He had also been in the hospital last week due to the flu.  Had to cancel some performances and his flight had to divert. 

Betcha it wasn't the flu. Found him collapsed on the elevator. With symptoms he had, I'd bet some heart issues.....but I hate conjecture, so we'll wait and see what they say.    RIP, Prince.  Our Minnesota own.

1 hour ago, leech~~ said:

Here is a question I was wondering about?

If it's all about money why is there Doctors Without Borders who charge nothing for their time, but no Holistic Healers without Borders? Huum. :confused:

because it's not all about money for MD's.  Holistic for general non life threatening stuff is fine.  When it matters it isn't.

Nakoma from Grizz Adams once saved Adams with some sort of Holistic concoction though.  Then again that was the only option and it was a tv show.

Edited by leechlake
leech~~, jbell1981 and Dotch like this

I was thinking heart also.  That's about the age it starts happening.