• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Startin to gather.

ther is no real way for me that is to answer that, it really is a different game every time. over many years of baiting and hunting, Ive been educated to the point where I cant answer that. there are so many variables that mother nautre plays each year that affects baiting and hunting, If this were spot and stalk Id give you a better answer. The one thing I can say is, to be truly succesfull at bear hunting you have to be prepaird to go all in all season. nuthing is half a$$ ar part way or give it till this time. I go all in till I get a bear or extenuating circumstances force to abandon. I guesse if you really want me to narrow down a time zone on best time to hunt bear it would be whenever you can sit, sit. if youve done your home work and have the 3  factors dial in, food, water , cover. your odds are better than 2 of those 3 factors. you could have all of those factors but if there not in the area. thats a tough deal. man I could go on and on. that is what drives me in bear hunting, it is such a chess game. if you want me to really bit on yur question of best time, yea id say a large portion of harvested bears taken in MN are within the first 2 weeks on average. but im not a betting man, I work hard to put the odds in my fovor. iOne thing I will tell you and advise you of, is dont be a slave to the camera. if your page has a active bear hitting. hunt it and hunt it hard, and not according to what the camera is saying. dont fall to technology, bear dont know what that is. Good luck!!

Just to add, I have shot bear the first hour of opening day and then again the last weekend. I usually hunt the first 2 weekends if I don't score I wait till the end if the season and start rebaiting 3 weeks prior to the last weekend. My desk is I travel 3 1/2 hours one way. The other key to late season bear hunting is to get away from the grouse hunters.

Much appreciated guys and not getting obvious answers lets say makes me love bear hunting even more as it reminds me some of chasing muskies and the unpredictable nature of that at times. I guess it's a wait till June now to see if any of these 3 yahoo's get drawn. They all want to bow hunt also and I told the guys only if you're 100% certain about that because the 500 pounder you better make a great shot on him because I refuse to head in and track that thing or maybe any bear at that lol. The bears here are wrecking fences, crushing corn and stampeding the dairy cattle sometimes so the local farmers want them taken out if possible.

yup, otc, thhats whhat get in my bblood also. unperdictabbility. and whhen it all comes toetjherand yuu out smart a mature bboar, its thhe bbest acomplished feeling in thhe outdoors i can acieve, specially wjhen it comes to doing it for my halle. good luck, im.looking forward to thhe season again as usual.