• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Startin to gather.

After translating that, it appears you should make it through the spraying and spreading season with flying colors. Especially if your wife antes up with some cake from time to time. :D

32 minutes ago, smurfy said:

Yea by next week you'll have them all ate up! 

Around here that stuff is getting hard to find!

Well ya, cuz it's all in boar's freezer! :lol:

My buddies sister use to work at Pillsbury in the food test lab back many years ago when we bear hunted. We would get skids of frosting, pie filling, and once a 55 gal drum of some kind of syrup. I would say that year we had the best dang bait in the state and we all filled out! :)

30 minutes ago, rkhinrichs said:

Yea it is sad! so much waste... you don't even have to pay for bait anymore!

When my daughter was young we use to go to the Wonder Store and get their old stuff. We had great fun together sitting in the garage opening Twinkies and other stuff and putting them all in bait buckets to haul to the woods for bait!

Boar, I'd get awfully fat hunting over your bait barrel!  Not to mention my scent would be all over the area with me walking back and forth from the stand to the barrel all the time... 

Right on, assumed, and best of luck, I'm somewhat guiding 3 hopeful guys in permit area 51(they put in lottery style). Got a giant of a bear that's been hanging around the past 3-4 years and they are hoping to get a chance at him and so am I. He really crushed, along with other bears, the standing corn last fall. One weird ? I have is bear season is rather lengthy compared to what I thought the season was so is there a best time meaning right at opener first 2 weeks or something or do more guys get them later in the season ? Would love to see a print out of when they are taken assuming right out of the gate is likely the most kills and most often hunted, do guys keep baiting right along through the whole season or is there a point it's just not gonna happen ?