• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Getting ready to head to Fremont Wisconsin to fish the Wolf River with around 40 others gals. River fishing is pretty new to me and I am trying to work up the courage to take the boat up there next year. We are going to Red Banks Resort which has some pretty good dock and shore fishing. It's been a pretty busy winter for me and I am eager to get out and do some open water fishing. I plan on being in Wis. for 7 days, then head back home to meet some friends up on the Rainy River to introduce me to sturgeon fishing. It's an item that was on my bucket list but I have always been a bit scared that I can't handle it physically. I am so stoked and hope to be able to post some great pictures from both excursions.

Back from all my fishing excursions, Red Banks fishing was okay with a few walleyes caught, then went with a couple of friends crappie fishing on Winnebago. We were just getting into some nice 12 inch crappies when the wind started to kick up and the white caps started to roll in within ten minutes. Next day we went to watch the sturgeon spawning by Shiocton Wis. just too darn windy to get out. Next day it was walleye fishing on the fox river at DePere, I got a few small ones but my friend got two in the 24 and 25 inch range. Made the 7 hour drive home on Friday and packed to head up to the Rainy river for sturgeon. First day was rainy and cold and I got soaked and 4 of us got skunked. Sunday we waited till 5 pm to head out, that night was the most exciting fishing I have had in a long time. I got to land my first sturgeon which was a 47", then around 9 pm we had doubles on. I thought I was hooked on a log until it started peeling drag out, hard as I tried I couldn't budge it but a few feet, then it would run and was smoking the drag on my reel. I felt like I was fighting a whale and it took everything I had in me to finally get it up to the boat so my buddy could net it. I was exhausted and I knew I pulled a muscle in my shoulder.  But here it is, not the most flattering picture but I was darn near ready to pass out. My 60.5'" 21" girth sturgeon, if I ever decide to go again I gotta lose some weight and work out more.

My Sturgeon.jpg