• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pork Loin Jerky

Thanks guys! I use a Masterbuilt electric smoker. I start out at 160 degrees to dry the outside of the meat then bump up to 180 degrees and add the AMNPS with apple pellets. I have both bottom and top vents wide open to keep the pellets burning and let the moisture escape. There are hotspots so I move the pieces around occasionally as needed and pull pieces out as they finish. The honey caramelizes and gives the pieces nice color around the edges and flavor. In the past I used to use brown sugar.

It's also important that the pellets are pretty dry to burn well. I like to use the pellet tray and I place mine in the smoker unlit at 160 for about the first hour while the meat surface is drying, this is to dry out the pellets. Putting them in a glass bowl in the nuker for about a minute will do the same.

Like RH1 said, plenty of air is important. I've been pulling my loading tube all the way out. I set my ANMPS on a canned chicken can under the empty water tray.