• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Some favorite foods you can't find anymore....

One of mine is the Birdseye frozen peas with pearls onions in butter sauce. They no longer make them. Dang!! I loved those...another one, that I even called the company on, is Blue Bunny Raspberry Swirl ice cream. Quit making it a couple years ago. Blue Bunny lady said they never sold much of it, so they discontinued it. What the hey?! I Found that hard to believe; it was great. The breads they have for sandwiches now are poo, whatever happened to good ol' Sunbeam and Butter Top? Only white I can stand now, and it's really hard to find, is Sara Lee Old Fashioned. I'm talking plain old white bread for those quick PB&J sandwiches and pack-a-lunch for fishing sandwiches, not the whole grain unhulled tootsie-frootsie health nut stuff. Otherwise, I eat a lot of rye and oatmeal grain bread. Anyone else can't find any of their favorite foods anymore?

Almond Crescent cookies.  The have powdered sugar on them and you can find em at Christmas at Target.  They may be the best cookies out there.  I think it makes them good that they aren't available all the time.

4 minutes ago, leechlake said:

Almond Crescent cookies.  The have powdered sugar on them and you can find em at Christmas at Target.  They may be the best cookies out there.  I think it makes them good that they aren't available all the time.

Try the Iced Almonettes that are sugar free...They seem to be available everywhere...even Smurf's not favorite store. :P  I love 'em.

k2-_4ff911de-ebd4-4e62-8423-694f8cffc36e

3 hours ago, RebelSS said:

One of mine is the Birdseye frozen peas with pearls onions in butter sauce. They no longer make them. Dang!! I loved those...another one, that I even called the company on, is Blue Bunny Raspberry Swirl ice cream. Quit making it a couple years ago. Blue Bunny lady said they never sold much of it, so they discontinued it. What the hey?! I Found that hard to believe; it was great. The breads they have for sandwiches now are poo, whatever happened to good ol' Sunbeam and Butter Top? Only white I can stand now, and it's really hard to find, is Sara Lee Old Fashioned. I'm talking plain old white bread for those quick PB&J sandwiches and pack-a-lunch for fishing sandwiches, not the whole grain unhulled tootsie-frootsie health nut stuff. Otherwise, I eat a lot of rye and oatmeal grain bread. Anyone else can't find any of their favorite foods anymore?

sheez............buy frozen peas and pearl onions meld them and eat!!!!!!:grin: so how hard was that!!!!

that sara lee bread is recommended for individuals with blood sugar issues. white bread no good!!!!! ICKY!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, RebelSS said:

Maybe add a chunk of butter to these

https://www.birdseye.com/vegetable-products/sauced-seasoned/lightly-seasoned-peas-pearl-onions

peas.jpg

Or add some onions to

http://www.greengiant.com/products/detail/green-giant-steamers-sweet-peas-butter-sauce-10/

peas2.jpg

Edited by delcecchi

23 minutes ago, delcecchi said:

Thats the one they don't make anymore!!!!!

Prob is, you can't find those little pearl onions that small....................

1 hour ago, RebelSS said:

Thats the one they don't make anymore!!!!!

Prob is, you can't find those little pearl onions that small....................

It was straight off the birdseye web sight....

24 minutes ago, slovene said:

Dolly Madison cherry sweet rolls..used to buy them on every hunting trip.   Either not made anymore, or not available in my area, and I've looked extensively!

I think that's part of it. When you live in places like Bugtussle, selection gets limited partially by volume and partially because Scandinavians won't eat anything that isn't white and bland! :P I mean, we're lucky to get Chicken in a Biscuit crackers because the locals complain they're too spicy! :crazy: Now that I've attempted to run this thread off the tracks, I haven't seen those white fudge covered Oreos locally for a long time. And believe me it isn't like I haven't looked. Even in some of the larger stores in Owatonna & Albert's Leaf I haven't seen them.

oreo2.jpg 

11 minutes ago, smurfy said:

The one I can remember no longer around is the Kraft Italian spaghetti dinner box.

Oh chicken inaa bisket. Nummy! I can never find them in our cupboard either.

I liked that spaghetti in a box too. And this stuff: Must've been too spicy. :D

Kraft.jpg

54 minutes ago, Dotch said:

I think that's part of it. When you live in places like Bugtussle, selection gets limited partially by volume and partially because Scandinavians won't eat anything that isn't white and bland! :P I mean, we're lucky to get Chicken in a Biscuit crackers because the locals complain they're too spicy! :crazy: Now that I've attempted to run this thread off the tracks, I haven't seen those white fudge covered Oreos locally for a long time. And believe me it isn't like I haven't looked. Even in some of the larger stores in Owatonna & Albert's Leaf I haven't seen them.

oreo2.jpg 

Their gone because no body wanted a double racist cookie anymore! These just show whitey was back on top of chocoholic- again! :angry:

I eat a lot of sandwichs at work so get tired of them.  Making smoked meat is great for them.  I used to like that jellied beef sandwich meat for a change.  Expensive though.  I haven't seen it for  years.  Seems I heard 10 years or more ago why they quit making it but can't remember why.