Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

eyeguy 54

Purple Finch

10 posts in this topic

That bird get a purple metalflake job at Earl Scheib's? :grin: Great pic!!

Keep the great pictures coming Eyeguy. You're only 50 miles from me and this is how I know which feeders to put out. It's probably about time to put out most of them though. I used to leave most of them out all year, it seemed they would get used a little bit, but the last 3 or 4 years it's only been black sunflower, suet, and some scratch stuff for the little guys that ever get touched.

eyeguy 54 likes this

I do keep mine filled all year. Kinda runs in streaks as to how fast it gets eaten. Hardly any snow this winter again so I didn't go thru much.  The oils wont spoil as long as they stay dry in the feeders.  Time to get some meal worms out and in a month the grape jelly and hummer food. :) Maybe sooner this crazy year. 

Finally saw the first house finches we've seen for a long time on Sunday. Be nice to see some purples too but it's an oddity most years. Nice photo! :) 

eyeguy 54 likes this

thx,  the house finches and the goldies stay here all year so nice to see them a lot. 

48c.jpg

Nice! I see you got the "bouncing snow pellets" too. Reminds me of the freeze-dried ice cream "beads". :)

eyeguy 54 likes this

Outstanding shots!!!

Can't believe you don't have a heated bird bath; birds are constantly looking for an easy drink. Every bird in the area visits mine. Robins year round, and even had Pilated Woodpeckers in it drinking and bathing. Must warn you though, they are a fulltime job keeping them full...... 

1st Yellow-rumped Warbler sighting today. 

the challenge of the day was to get a purple and house together. got lucky. :)