• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Inversion table?

leechlake

Revving things up again! I may have to wave my adjustable wand and see what I can do when he turns the food thread to a raging verbal brawl, then slinks off to another thread to rev THAT one up. I'm getting worn out, and I just got home from the Doc. He said I need lotsa rest, and a nice warm place to vacation with some very spendy infusions of IV drugs. I told him I can't, I'd be so worried about what was going on here, I'd have to visit one of those chiropractic Kelloggs canary's to unwind and probably ruin my upstanding image, not to mention possible arrest.

hey!  I layed in bed for the past three days with the thai foo  flu and every part of my body aching and from time to time this Nutbag guy came on TV with an ad for an inversion table.  He's like 80 and swears by the thing.  He even does a little jump showing how nimble he is these days.  The Mayo page says it may work temporarily but since your blood rushes to your head you can't do it if you have high blood pressure or glaucoma.  The long term help is zero Mayo says.  What do they know?  I want some HSO insight for heaven's sake.

I had a PT have me do these stretches with my spine that took the pressure off.  Induction or something.  Figured this was the same but different.  

Edited by leechlake

sorry I had to edit my post.  I typed layed wrong and it looked weird.

That's not it but it looks like it may work better and make me taller.  My dad had this thing when I was a kid.  He'd hook it to the door casing up top and put this helmet like thing on with a chin cup.  Fill a bag with water as weight and it would stretch his neck up.  Then again back then the barber would use a "vibrator" at the end of the haircut and rub your head and shoulders...maybe that's all I need.

I hate bats.  They love going in the umbrella on the patio table at the cabin.  Some times it's fun to ask someone to open it up when you can smell them in there.  Gotta make sure the dogs aren't around because they usually fall down to the ground like they are drunk or something and then the dog eats em.

Way da go LL,  makes sense all us foodies have ended up lately on the health and fitness side of things,  although there is less name calling and bullying over there. My kids make fun of that fellers jump at the end, you can tell that old guy gets his shots..;)

Edited by bobberineyes

I have access to one whenever, played around with it, between sets of some training regiment. I turn into more of a kid on it than anything else, fun to fling yourself upside down. No compressed verts so no need for it, I can see how treating the symptom of pain may be beneficial but I don't see anything long term happening.

3 minutes ago, bobberineyes said:

Way da go LL,  makes sense all us foodies have ended up lately on the health and fitness side of things,  although there is less name calling and bullying over there. My kids make fun of that fellers jump at the end, you can tell that old guy gets his shots..;)

no kidding.  I'm frying bacon in the deep fryer as an experiment and then wondering why my new "normal" weight is what I used to consider fat.  Meanwhile my wife eats great and works out at 6am many days and looks better at 50 than she did at 35.  

So instead of changing what I cook I start looking at gimmick inversion tables to feel better.  It's lunacy.  

One way to get tall.  I think the inversion thing might help temporarily, and nothing wrong with that.  Back pain is very difficult to treat or even find the cause for.   I consider myself extremely fortunate to not have that issue.  Left shoulder not what I wish it was, due to a bicycle and some sand.  But back is OK. 

Is that boar stretching out?

1 hour ago, leechlake said:

Meanwhile my wife eats great and works out at 6am many days and looks better at 50 than she did at 35.  

What was the other debate about?  Oh yeah, proper diet and exercise.  Funny how that works.  I bet she's consistent too.

I had a spot in my back right between the shoulder blades that gave me problems for years. I went to a few chiropractors and let them do their things, had a radiologist friend (Who doesn't like chiropractors) give me a prescription for muscle relaxers (Whoo hoo) and nothing really did the trick. Then I bought an inversion table off Eebaiyhh for like 84 dollars and after a week of using it my back never felt better. After a month or so it felt so good that I stopped using it. It's probably been a year and change since I stopped and there are days when I think I should go another round but it's never like it was before.