• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Happy Opening Day

rundrave

I know there were games yesterday but today truly is opening day for me anyway. This year is the first year in a while that we can finally say the Twins are coming off a winning season and were in a playoff race all the way to the final series of the season. That’s fun!

There’s a lot to like about this team but I still think they are a year away from being a serious contender. They caught the league by surprise last year, and hopefully they can do it again for a second year in a row.

I am not sure how Sano will take to being an outfielder and I think it was a very questionable move. I still would have preferred to see Buxton, Rosario and Hicks out there instead. I didn't like the Hick trade at all.

It was unfortunate they also didnt make any changes or additions to bullpen but they could still be successful if arms stay healthy. I think offense will be fine and I like the line up there. They are going to need to put up a lot of runs to make up for average pitching a questionable outfield defense.

Go Twins!

Sano looked like he didn't belong out there. Which makes sense, because he doesn't! Saw something I never thought I would ever see...Mauer swinging at a first pitch! With only 161 games left, it's gonna be hard for the twins to dig out of a 1 game hole.

Not quite sure the Sano in right experiment. Did I hear or read he came into camp about 30 overweight ? The plan was about perfect if Mauer would've stayed catching, Plouffe at 3rd Sano at 1st. Kinda hard to see an athlete like Joe soaking up his innings at the 1 bag. Teams always though have plenty of 1 baggers and DH's it seems.

17 hours ago, O.T.C. said:

The plan was about perfect if Mauer would've stayed catching

Seriously.....this gets so old. Its not happening, never will happen nor should it happen. It makes zero sense to move him back to catcher. It is the most physically demanding position in the sport and you think after Mauer's history of injuries he can still play that position?

At this point they have no choice to take what they can get with him at first, and hope for some sunglasses magic. Whether we like it or not there isn't another option.

I have always been a big defender of Mauer. But I'd love to see him restructure his contract or something if its even an option. Something has never been right between, Mauer and the training staff. And of course its always been a big secret and nobody inside or outside the clubhouse gets to mention it or question it. The fault lies on Mauer for trying to play through it and not mentioning issues to staff or bringing it to their attention. And I think the staff is as fault for some of it for not being able to diagnose it identify issues.

rundrave,

some good points, but as a twins fan for me this gets old as well.  The money he makes for his production.  The money the twins signed him for, he was never going anywhere else.  The seemingly passionless player he is.  The lack of power for 25 million.  The refusal of the organization to put him in right field, my guess is they didnt approach him, but mauer could have also said it would be in the best interest if I play there.  We all know why the twins drafted him, local kid.  Etc........    Hope he turns it around, at least we dont see him on the news for bad stuff off the field.

2 games into the season and I'm already sick of seeing Sano in right field! My biggest concern is that his poor play in the field might spill over into his hitting. Probably no chance of Mauer moving to the outfield. So that puts the twins in quite a pickle, if Sano is unable to figure out right field.

Cmon runDrave guy like I was saying move joe back to catcher if I was saying that that's exactly what I would've typed. It would have worked well if Joe could've stayed catching cuz sano could've had first last season and from then on. Now he's floundering out in right like a Jason kubel or delmon young.

Twins are 0-7, have been outscored 13-30. Have played 63 innings and only scored 13 runs!....just pathetic.

51 hits, 79 strikeouts again in 63 innings of baseball

buxton/sano

7-44, .159, 24 strikeouts

small sample size but this team needs to get it going.