• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tumbling Toms

ANYFISH2

Tough morning for sure on Saturday with temp dropping and wind picking up.  We had birds gobbling pretty hard right away until 6:15.  Sounded like they were working our way but the young man I was taking out froze out before 7am and other than a hen hadn't had any activity yet.  Gotta remember to make it fun for new young hunters.  So we headed back and got him warmed up. 

Keep after them Scoot.  Around here it seems the toms are hitting another gobbling peak. 

16 hours ago, Borch said:

Keep after them Scoot.  Around here it seems the toms are hitting another gobbling peak. 

Going to try, but our time is getting really tight now.  A couple weeks left of the season and we've got family stuff going on for both weekends.  I'm going to try sneak in some hunting on Sat morning, and there's a small chance for Sun morning, but that'll be about it.  I think I know where I'll be heading to as HunterLee has been seeing some birds near a place I can hunt.  I'll either be on the side I have permission for and trying to call them across the road or I'll (hopefully) get permission to go across the road and hunt them where we've been seeing them. 

We hunted Sat , Sun, and Mon and couldn't get it done. I'm afraid that's the end if the year for us. Ryan shot a great bird in Cal but unfortunately it was before the start of the contest so he can't submit it. Sorry guys- we gave it our all but couldn't contribute a bird to the count. Fun year and we learned a ton!

I wish I had half the time to hunt as you have scraped together Scoot.   It's cool though, one of the other teams has a super high score that all our jakes won't even come close to in points.