• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tumbling Toms

ANYFISH2

Welcome team 4, I sure like the looks of our team!

Check in here, throw some suggestions out for a team name, report your scouting, and let's keep the banter going for us!  

The excitement is ramping up, good luck to us all.

DrJ here. Last year our team #2-Full Chokin went 6 for 6 on birds but lost out at the end when x1957x bagged a monster bird. Hope our team can repeat that feat. Hunting season B down by Freeberg Mn.  Any name is fine with me.Good luck to all. Getting close to opening day(only 2 weeks from today ).......

Howdy. I'm here, although hunting time may be limited with my son due at the beginning of May and a few projects to finish up around home before he aririves. I am guessing I am on this team and the 0 was just forgotten(or I am on team 2?). Open for team name. Will be archery hunting.

Edited by walleyehunter02

Team 4 is still waiting on cheetah and featherslayer to check in yet.  Say hello guys!

Name recommendations so far:

Tumbling Toms

Haunt the roost

Cluck, strut, boom

Oak flat ghosts 

Any other ideas throw them out we have some time, but let's pick a name, and all get checked in by this upcoming weekend.

Any Scouting reports?

When are we all hunting?

Hi Guys, I'm here.   Hunting South Dakota Black Hills first then coming back to MN.   Hoping to redeem myself after last year's fiasco. 

I hear Ryan is the lucky hunter this year, so whatever team name he wants I will support.   I need all the luck I can get. :) 

3 hours ago, Cheetah said:

I hear Ryan is the lucky hunter this year, so whatever team name he wants I will support.   I need all the luck I can get. :) 

Lol lucky in CA- who knows about MN. Hopefully...

Tumbling Toms works for us!  Hopefully it'll be an accurate name!  

20 hours ago, Scoot said:

Lol lucky in CA- who knows about MN. Hopefully...

Tumbling Toms works for us!  Hopefully it'll be an accurate name!  

featherslayer1 here, having trouble getting into the page, i have asked Borch to help me out. Ill be hunting the first season in 507.

Alright everyone's here!  Good luck everyone, lets win this thing.

So far Tumbling Toms has the edge on the name.  One last, is this the name we want?

I haven't seen a bird all spring yet:angry:.  However, I haven't been scouting my hunting spots yet! Hopefully that will change when I get there.

I will be hunting in Todd County near staples again this year. And maybe, the neighbors here in Cushing if the birds show up.

Sounds like a winner so lets get it posted. A few more mornings to scout and I'll be out chasing them. Can't go this morning waiting for my new jeep wrangler to be delivered to my door this morning sometime. What a way to break in a new vehicle by putting a big tom in the back. Any of the team members have birds located? I have 4 pieces of property that is holding some nice bird, the only problem is which one to hit first. Good luck to my team members and remember safty first.

We've got some birds located. However they are on public land next to a highway so plenty of people must know about them. I can't hunt the morning of opener but plan to be there in the afternoon if possible. 

Finally got out this afternoon to do a little scouting and returning from my son's hockey tournament in Blaine (they got 2nd place, whoohoo!).

Located two groups on the property, 1 was, 3 Toms and 2 hens, the other was 3 hens and two males not sure if they where Toms or jakes.  Have a good idea where those 2 groups are roosting tonight.

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it out in the mornings to figure out strutting zones, so I will have to hope they use the traditional areas of the past.

Good luck Tumbling Toms! 

Went to where I had to groups pretty well "figured out" last night and this morning and found absolutely nothing!  So much for having them "figured out"!  I'll be out the next couple nights and hopefully I can locate a few birds to chase on Wed afternoon.  Order of importance will be 1) Morgan, 2) Ryan, 16) Scott.  :D

It'll be a little longer for me- I can't get out until the afternoon.  However, I'm definitely counting!!!  I need to get licenses, ask for permission from one last land owner, and do a little more scouting this evening.  Can't wait!

Good luck Donbo and Scoot(s) #1- #16.

Plan on a little last minute scouting this afternoon, set up the blind about dark, and I am ready to rock and roll.

Really haven't seen a lot of birds the last few days,  hoping the weather have just kept them in woods where I couldn't see them.  Otherwise, they may make for a challenging season.  That wouldn't be the worst, I have had very quick seasons recently, my might be rusty.