• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I had a homeless guy camp next to and harvest much of my favorite spot. We found a few that were beginning to dry out on the fringes.so they will be soup instead of steak.  See how this rain will do if we get any late yellows. image.jpeg

Did find a few dryads saddle to go with them. Never tried it before, but worth shot. 

Ramps are turning yellow. So game over on them until next year. 

41 minutes ago, Neighbor_guy said:

I had a homeless guy camp next to and harvest much of my favorite spot. We found a few that were beginning to dry out on the fringes.so they will be soup instead of steak.  See how this rain will do if we get any late yellows. image.jpeg

Did find a few dryads saddle to go with them. Never tried it before, but worth shot.

Ramps are turning yellow. So game over on them until next year.

Matt, you need to stop looking for Morels under those bridges down town then you wouldn't have any campers! :D

I' have big hopes for this rain that is falling right now to give things a little boost.

Been out of town the last few days but spot checked tonight for a little bit when I got back. Southern exposure was pretty bare already it seemed. Checked northern exposure and found these fresh ones under one tree. Guess I know where I'm going tomorrow. 

IMG_20160509_194306709.jpg

A few fresh ones here and there on northern hillside. Switched over to a southern exposure and wasnt finding many until I ran into a big patch of bigger older yellows. Several were dried, bug eaten, or moldy already but plenty salvageable. Not bad for 2 hours. SW WI

Also put my heart to the test flushing a turkey off a nest. 

IMG_20160510_160049917.jpg

IMG_20160510_125643973.jpg

This back and forth, cold, then dry, then wet, then cold craapy weather is just not helping!!  Found 4 today but there should be tons more on my normal spots right now! :(

Well I'm pretty sure my spots are done! Check them out yesterday and not one was found. There were whole areas which always had some but had none this year. The weather played a big part in the early shut down. I didn't even get one wood tick this year where last year I found 5-6 so I know it was colder this year then last once they started. :(

The last hoorah today. The wife and I headed out for a couple hours. I figured and quickly confirmed that most spots were dried up. Headed farther into the valley and looked for North facing corners in the topography that are shaded almost all day. Found plenty, everything was big and some were dried. So that's it for us. SW WI. This was about half the find after dropping off some for the landowner and in-laws.

IMG_20160518_211828636.jpg

We looked for 2 hours and found 6 very dry blacks. We found them in the lowest spot of a run-off that was only slightly soft, normally it has a foot of water in it. No rain, no schrooms. Maybe next year. I think we found 10 total this year.