• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Shopping a new electric

mnfathead

Hey guys, looking to upgrade my bow mount.  Bought a 16.5 foot sylvan, dual console, w/90hp merc last summer but the trolling motor is out dated.  Ive been leaning towards an ipilot anyone have exp. With them if so are they worth it?  I have a 598 bird and lowrance finder in the boat aswell, any info is much appreciated, thanks.

I have a terrova with ipilot and love it.  If I had the money, I would go with the Ultrex, self deploying since I am old and lazy.   It will work with the bird if you want to go to the link. 

I have also not seen anything bad about the motorguide equivilent of the terrova/ipilot, the Xti5 or something.  It will hook to a Lowrance.  

I also have I pilot and it was worth the money. I already had a minnkota so I just replaced the head to save some dough. If I needed to replace the entire trolling motor, I would have bought the motorguide and linked it to the lowrance. From reviews and friends, the motorguide seems to be better then the minnkota. Either way though, you'll enjoy the features...espicall anchor mode and programmed routes.

I wouldn't touch a Ultrex with a 10 foot pole. I know of at least 6 guys who tried them and brought them back because they didn't work worth beans.

I have a 70# powerdrive with co pilot that will be for sale soon. E-mail me if your interested. Probably sell for around $350.  [email protected]

12 hours ago, Northlander said:

I wouldn't touch a Ultrex with a 10 foot pole. I know of at least 6 guys who tried them and brought them back because they didn't work worth beans.

I have a 70# powerdrive with co pilot that will be for sale soon. E-mail me if your interested. Probably sell for around $350.  [email protected]

If it isn't reliable that is a different story.  But the self deploying would be great. And I had dthe name wrong, it is Ulterra.  sorry. 

Edited by delcecchi