• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Favorite fish fry side dishes

1 hour ago, Boar said:

with my walleye, i like walleye, and walleye with some tartar sausce to go with the walleye. I ususaly just eat the fish, if i have a side I like a loaded backed potatoe.

tarter sauce..................... ewe, ish eh gads  what a way to ruin fish.

good old homemade horseradish!!!!!!!!!!:D

I love to have noodles and stewed tomatoes with fish. boil elbow noodles, throw stewed tomatoes onions and seasons in the pot. mmmmmmmmmmm!

55 minutes ago, smurfy said:

tarter sauce..................... ewe, ish eh gads  what a way to ruin fish.

good old homemade horseradish!!!!!!!!!!:D

I love to have noodles and stewed tomatoes with fish. boil elbow noodles, throw stewed tomatoes onions and seasons in the pot. mmmmmmmmmmm!

I agree, in the pot. Then flush. :lol:

when you are the only person on the planet that dislikes green beans I'm not sure you're going to get too much empathy from us...except that since you're a moderator now we all suck up a little bit :)

btw a buddy of mine works for the DMV/DPS down in Roch and he said a guy came in for a personalized license plate form on Monday.  He asked for "MOD8R"  Was that you Reb?

Hey! My dog hated them, too! I was forced to eat those limp things outta the can when I was a kid....every veggie was canned..stewed tomatoes, pale watery peas, spinach that looked like fresh mown grass in a puddle...I was traumatized!

Next time I go to the DPS, I'll have you call yer buddy so I don't have to try to stand in line for 40 mns again and hear "we're sorry, there's nowhere to sit"....well, WTH ya supposed to do when you're physically unable to stand that long?! Lay on yer back?!  As far as the plate, they said a that a "middle-aged'' guy that was eating a bag of hard-boiled eggs had already picked up that plate....:whistle: :lol:

as a kid I never cared much for that kind of stuff at all. now I love it. especially if it came from my garden.. I don't get it though my wife will eat it out of the can no problem, but when I take it out of the freezer after I grew it, blanched it she wont eat it.:tired:

19 minutes ago, leechlake said:

Reb-  I went and got a duplicate title yesterday.  I was there about three minutes.  Would have taken two minutes but the gal was hitting on me and I had to let her down easy :)

does reb know his neighbor lady is 2 timing him????????

In the summer - It's gotta be a good potato salad rather than some type of hot potato.  That and some good beans or a crisp salad with lots of fresh veggies.  Also, I've discovered a great dipping sauce.  Take Ortega Taco Sauce and kick-it-up with a little more tabasco or your favorite hot sauce. Accompanies crispy fried panfish, especially.

One other great side, if I have time is some homemade onion rings.  I'm a sucker and bought "The Frying Saucer" at the Sportshow a few years ago.  That thing works awesome for frying fish and you can do the o-rings basically at the same time and keep it all warm.  All in about half the time and a lot less clean-up and half the oil than with a counter-top fryer.

On 3/10/2016 at 6:23 AM, jmg said:

Having friends over tomorow night for walleye dinner.  Besides cole slaw, just wondering what some of your fav.  sides are, esp. quick and easy ones?

Thanks.

Call dinner Surf and Turf and throw a big Ribeye next to the Walleye, then if the friends don't care for your fish you still are a winner! :)