• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

No I am not, I am passing on a deer rifle to my son in law who hunts and I will no longer will be, I  want the rifle to stay in the family. From my research as long as the rife goes to someone 18 or over and within the same state there is no other action needed. But thank you for your aways positive answer

7 minutes ago, delcecchi said:

You are now taking advantage of the "gun show loophole" that some condemn. 

Yes glad for the "gun show loophole" as some call it so the long tradition before there were even gun shows of passing Grandpa's guns along to grand children can still continue in this "Free for now country" :/ 

Loophole my bleedin' hemorrhoids! It's the way most  of us have always done it and it PAINS me to see guys run for the "paperwork" to do something simple.

Things have not gotten that bad yet you guys.  And it isn't some mysterious "loophole" in anything either.

Just reminding folks that when they see or read folks talking about closing the gun show loophole, situations like gifting, trading, and selling are all included in what they want to prohibit.  Probably lending also.

Edited by delcecchi

9 hours ago, Ufatz said:

Put a nice card with it,   wrap it if you'd like, and hand it to the recipient. Done.

Or at least that's the way I would do it.

I cleaned and put it in a hard gun case with a new lock then gave him the keys in a card,,, He didn't know what to say which was just what I was looking for :D