• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Camper to septic tank

Anyone have a permanent to semi permanent setup where they tied into the septic/holding tank?  I have a holding tank at the cabin so I'm not worried about the camper chemicals doing anything to bacteria.  About a 80-100 foot run.  Curious what others have or would use for pipe size, drop, have you just left your tanks open to continually drain or do you fill it half way then drain?  Looking to put a splitter with two lines coming out, one for black to the holding tank and one for grey water to run off into the yard.  Also would like to look into potentially burying the access pipe in the ground in a sprinkler box or something as it will be at the end of a driveway, that way I could cap it and put a lid on when I leave in case anyone drives over it.

I would run 3 inch pvc or the same size as the camper hose which I think is 3 inch. If you leave it open you have to watch for solids building up but not to big of a deal as can be sprayed out if they do. For a long run you may be better off letting it fill up some and dumping periodically.

13 hours ago, Walleyehooker said:

I would run 3 inch pvc or the same size as the camper hose which I think is 3 inch. If you leave it open you have to watch for solids building up but not to big of a deal as can be sprayed out if they do. For a long run you may be better off letting it fill up some and dumping periodically.

Thats what I was thinking.  We have three coming from the cabin.  Camper has just as many drains in it but I figured if I tie in right near the holding tank in the yard and slope the pipe into the line with the run I shouldn't have any issue interfering with the cabin line.  Just not overly looking forward to cutting into that line that has been in use for 20+ years :eek:

10 hours ago, delcecchi said:

How about one of those macerator things? 

Looked into the macerator, but as stated above a I'll get a weekend out of a tank and should have a short enough distance to still have a usable slope where I can get the appropriate drain slope.  Trying to make this as cheap and easy as possible.

Just now, delcecchi said:

Just asked since a friend has a macerator and he can pump out through a garden hose.   Just needs to keep which hose straight....

Hmm... that may actually not be a terrible Idea either though.  I'll do some research on it.

Thanks!

On 3/15/2016 at 3:37 PM, Moon Lake Refuge said:

Macerator pump has been ordered.  $155 for the flojet portable.  Should be ready by the first time I head up north.  Looks like I'll just need to throw on about 20 feet of wire and I'll be good to go!

Thanks,

Hope it does the job for you...  Just remember to mark the hoses well.  Wouldn't want the water hose to get confused with the sewage hose....   Ha.

Just now, delcecchi said:

Hope it does the job for you...  Just remember to mark the hoses well.  Wouldn't want the water hose to get confused with the sewage hose....   Ha.

Yeah that would definitely be no good!  I will be running PVC in ground for the water with a 10' connection next to the camper that will be connected all year.  Will have a 100 footer for waste line that I may also bury so outside of waaaaay to many drinks I shouldn't be able to mess it up if I try!