• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2lb test for Crappies. What's ya using?

leech~~

p line cxx, great stuff.

I really just don't feel the need for fancy braid to fish crappies, but I'm sure you'll get plenty of recommendations for it.  

Ever since no stretch braid hit the market, you can't catch fish with a mono line any more and you've been doing it wrong the whole time.

Edited by bobbymalone

1 hour ago, ClownColor said:

Trilene Micro Ice 2lb (or 3) test seems to work great for me.

I've tried the Micro Ice but it seems to come off the reel coiled after a while or the first few times you use it each trip. Was looking at the Sufix in yellow but Fleet only had it in 1lb now.

Bought some 2lb test trilene last week and put it on an inline reel. The day I tried it out there was a slight breeze and when feeding my line out the wind would take it and it would get wrapped around my flasher and the frozen ice chunks around the hole. 2lb is just too thin for my liking, I'm sure others have no issues with it. Going to try suffix 3lb, don't have a lot of hope that 1 pound will Make much of a difference.  

Well I picked up some clear Trilene Fluorocarbon Ice in 2lb. It's says "Professional Grade" on the box!  I can use all the help i can get! Will be giving it a try this weekend. Thanks for all the ideas. 

I have tried many lines and think you cannot do better than P-line-Mono is limp but absorbs water which freezes and is not abrasion resistant. Flouro is abrasion resistant does not absorb water but is coily. P-line is truely the best of both because it is flouro coated mono. Go 3# or 4 2 is too light for anything. I would use braid in deep water for Tullies but P line everywhere else.

Good luck

Tectan 3.1 lb mono is thinner than most usa 2lb. lines and very limp a little hard to find, FishUSA had some last i looked. I also love the tectal 5.1lb for my panfish bobber rod, casts a mile for mono, but thinness a minus around rocks and wood. I also reccomment the tyrite or tyrite jr. tool found in fly shops it grabs the little fly and ice hooks so you do not drop them in the slush or brush and handy to tie clinch and unknots with.