• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New to us Rockwood 26'

LindellProStaf

Well we had fun with our 25' 5th wheel for a couple of years.  We did have fun and decided to try a travel trailer.  We bought a 26' Rockwood Ultralight.  Very nice.  It is just the two of us and sometimes we have our grandson with us.  It has the queen bed in front and the big bathroom in the back.  The middle is the booth, couch and kitchen.  The slide is 12' and is the couch and the sink stove area.  Just right for us.  Now we want to go to some more camping spots.  One we have in our sights is of course Noma Lake campsites.  We never did make it last year.  You had some good info on that.  We also want to hit Itasca State Park.  Any info on that would be appreciated.  Would like an electric spot there.

The only thing about Noma Lake if you going to do some fishing is you will need a boat because of the shore line weeds. Can't really fish off the shore there. But lots of other lakes and rivers in the area. Never stayed there but have 4 wheeled from a buddies cabin all over the Dore Lake area. 

And here is another shot from the inside.  One more pic I am waiting for.  This floor plan is perfect for us.  The guy who sold it said it was perfect for an older couple like us.  I looked at my wife and we both cracked up laughing.  He said the lady that owned it was born in 1954 like that was a big deal.  I said hey that is when I was born.  He said my mom and dad too.  lolol  I just said what a great year to be born in.  The "kid" who sold it to us was almost 40.   Good guy.  I will post the last pic when it comes to my email.  Why are they sideways.  I took the pics with my phone in the up and down position not sideways.  I thought that would help.

IMG_0386.JPG

Here is the shot from the back looking towards the front.  This floor plan is perfect for us.  We didn't need a bunkhouse so this gives us more room.  The couch sink and stove are all in the slide out which is nice.  Sammy our lab has found his spot too.  I have been bringing Bob the cat out but she still hasn't settled down in the camper yet.  I will keep on trying to get her accustomed to it.  Would be fun to bring her along.  I am going to try to get her used to a leash so she can be tied to my lawn chair outside.   I may need a little luck on that program.

Need a little help here again Leech.   

IMG_0385.JPG

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 5:07 PM, LindellProStaf said:

Well we had fun with our 25' 5th wheel for a couple of years.  We did have fun and decided to try a travel trailer.  We bought a 26' Rockwood Ultralight.  Very nice.  It is just the two of us and sometimes we have our grandson with us.  It has the queen bed in front and the big bathroom in the back.  The middle is the booth, couch and kitchen.  The slide is 12' and is the couch and the sink stove area.  Just right for us.  Now we want to go to some more camping spots.  One we have in our sights is of course Noma Lake campsites.  We never did make it last year.  You had some good info on that.  We also want to hit Itasca State Park.  Any info on that would be appreciated.  Would like an electric spot there.

noma lake is like 13 miles north of our cabin.