Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

MNUser

Donald Trump

4,272 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, swamptiger said:

Trump should just retire, and write a book - "How to Make a Fortune By Going Broke"...

And miss his chance to become president and make terrific deals?

1 hour ago, tacklejunkie said:

And miss his chance to become president and make terrific deals?

Well, he has been nominated as "Biggest me on the Internet", so there might be some satisfaction to be had there...

3 minutes ago, swamptiger said:

Well, he has been nominated as "Biggest me on the Internet", so there might be some satisfaction to be had there...

Why is that one woman looking at a painting of David Bowie

14 minutes ago, tacklejunkie said:

Why is that one woman looking at a painting of David Bowie

Poor choice of colors.  Trump is much better depicted in shades of red & orange...

trump-salute.png

Abraham Foxman, the former director of the Anti-Defamation League, harshly criticized the Republican presidential candidate for asking supporters to raise their right hands in salute andpromise to vote for him in the Florida primary election, reported the Times of Israel.

“As a Jew who survived the Holocaust, to see an audience of thousands of people raising their hands in what looks like the ‘Heil Hitler’ salute is about as offensive, obnoxious and disgusting as anything I thought I would ever witness in the United States of America,” said Foxman, who was born in Poland in 1940 and was saved from the Nazis by his Catholic nanny.

https://www.rawstory.com/2016/03/holocaust-survivor-horrified-by-trumps-heil-hitler-salute-hes-asking-them-to-swear-allegiance-to-him/

24 minutes ago, roony said:

Abraham Foxman, the former director of the Anti-Defamation League .............

calvin.jpg

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 9:09 AM, DrJill said:

I don't believe for a second that any of the GOP attacks or questioning of The Donald will impact his support in the GOP. But they will drive up his negatives. And make marvelous ads for the Dems.

He's a "con artist" .... So what ? The wingnuts have been lining the pockets of grifters for decades

"His numbers don't add up" .... laughable, when has any GOP numbers added up ? The "tax cuts pay for themselves" nonsense has been, for decades, a cornerstone for the wingnuts.

"He doesn't talk about policies" .... who in the GOP does ?

etc, etc, etc

What he does do very well is peddle nonsense ... exactly what the base has been conditioned to expect. And he does it with alot of bluster, which they love. And he's crude. And insulting. And mysoginistic. In short ... a mirror of the base.

7 because I thought you might be able to provide just 1 example per year of BHOs Presidency to support your arguement. Guess not. Dispite saying your list was just a start.

As far as immigration goes, the GOP has done everything they could short of defunding Homeland Security, ie taken votes and filed lawsuits. What exactly do you want them to do ?

You've just described every candidate that's running for both parties. I haven't heard boo from anyone on how they are going to fix this country. The left hates whites and everyone's a racist and the right just holler at each other. Pretty disgusting campaign.

Neither party wants to actually fix anything because then they wouldn't have that thing as an issue any more.

Has anybody every thought, "maybe Im just being fed a bunch of what I want to hear to get my vote?"  

Just wondering what the response is.

Edited by DrJuice1980

That's pretty much how politics work. Trump and Bernie have taken it to a new level though, and figured out that they can pretty much promise anything, full well knowing they can't deliver; and each mathematically and reality challenged base is eating it up.

Filipino tilt-a-whirl carnival workers are our nations backbone...

52 minutes ago, delcecchi said:

Neither party wants to actually fix anything because then they wouldn't have that thing as an issue any more.

Also, let's be honest... the "fix" will probably fail.  It will definitely fail if the metric for success is that everyone is happy about it.  It's much easier to just point out the failures of the other team rather than the solutions of your team.

Maybe that's why the GOP has lost interest in winning in presidential elections.  They can blame the other team in the white house for all the failures and make their gains in congressional seats.  It's probably beneficial for either team to not have control over both the presidency and congress.  Then they won't have anybody to blame but themselves.

Edited by bobbymalone

7 hours ago, bobbymalone said:

Maybe that's why the GOP has lost interest in winning in presidential elections. 

Republican caucus participation is up..... 100 % +.

Dem caucus participation is running at about 35 %.

In other words, bob.......

That translates to very little (or lost) interest in your dem presidential candidates.

#Naive

Edited by Uncle Bill

Why would anyone go participate to further anoint Hillary, the chosen one, when they could watch tv instead. 

3 hours ago, Uncle Bill said:

Republican caucus participation is up..... 100 % +.

Dem caucus participation is running at about 35 %.

In other words, bob.......

That translates to very little (or lost) interest in your dem presidential candidates.

#Naive

Maybe your GOP record caucus participation isn't so much about increased interest and more about the polarizing effect ya frontrunner boy has on your fractured party.  Got folks coming out of the woodwork to vote ya boy up or vote ya boy down.

#criticalthinking

Edited by bobbymalone

If not interested you are not going to go sit somewhere boring for a few hours.   There might be different reasons one is interested in the caucus and the outcome, but interest is interest and turnout is important.  

Hillary is a big bore, and has a hard time motivating folks to get off their behind and participate.  

True.....but a Trump or Ted nomination will energize and get out the vote on the other side in a general election......and the gopper establishment knows this. Idaho saved Lmit from taking the pledge tonight, Rubio is done, and Kasich is now his only hope. 

bobbymalone likes this

6 hours ago, pushbutton said:

True.....but a Trump or Ted nomination will energize and get out the vote on the other side in a general election.....

That never works in reality. People said the same thing in 1972, 2004, and 2012. If enough people are disgusted with the choices, they stay home and then it beomes a game of who has the most enthusiastic base of support

7 hours ago, bobbymalone said:

Maybe your GOP record caucus participation isn't so much about increased interest and more about the polarizing effect ya frontrunner boy has on your fractured party.  Got folks coming out of the woodwork to vote ya boy up or vote ya boy down.

#criticalthinking

This is a possibility and I've wondered if this could be what's going on in the open primaries.

I guess we'll see in Nov

That never works in reality. People said the same thing in 1972, 2004, and 2012. If enough people are disgusted with the choices, they stay home and then it beomes a game of who has the most enthusiastic base of support

Think the Dems will be out fear mongering in full force about people losing all their "free stuff," and they do have a pretty modernized delivery apparatus through social media and the world wide webz, not to mention a pretty favorable media bias. Like you said though, guess we'll see in Nov.

10 hours ago, delcecchi said:

Why would anyone go participate to further anoint Hillary, the chosen one, when they could watch tv instead. 

The real question is "What is so attractive about Trump's message that all these people can walk away from the professional wrestling reruns on their tvs to go vote/caucus for the supreme commander?

Edited by roony

I'm predicting that many conservatives will be disgusted with the GOP candidate and will stay home.  And many of the middle ground and liberal folks will be so disgusted with the GOP candidate that they come out in force to vote against him.

I predict Trump will win in November. I don't like it but that's the way the stars are aligned.

19 minutes ago, bobbymalone said:

And many of the middle ground and liberal folks will be so disgusted with the GOP candidate that they come out in force to vote against him.

Maybe.

I've just never seen that pan out. I had a teacher in Jr. High who made the same prediction about Nixon in 1972. And I've heard people say the same thing about GWB in 2004. And again about BHO in 2012.

6 minutes ago, roony said:

I predict Trump will win in November. I don't like it but that's the way the stars are aligned.

When it comes to this election cycle, I'm predicting nothing. I bet someone Trump wouldn't even be the nominee and it appears I may lose that bet.

I won't say what the amount was I bet. I'll just say it's $1 over $999;)