Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

MNUser

Donald Trump

4,272 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, delcecchi said:

I bet he had no idea who David Duke is.    He really hasn't been in the news for many years.   

I knew who David Duke is.  

I doubt Trump knew, cuz Trump seems to have all sorts of problems remembering who he knows and who he doesn't.

He should know who the KKK is and although he can't control who endorses him he can distance himself from it.  Of course his earpiece doesn't work and doesn't understand what's going on.

Edited by bobbymalone

Pat Caddell interview as reported on Briebart....

Pat Caddell: Establishment Can’t Stop Trump’s Populist Candidacy Because They Can’t Recognize Legitimate Concerns Motivating His Voters

Getty
Getty

by Rebecca Mansour1 Mar 2016518

Veteran pollster Pat Caddell thinks the nation is at “the tipping point” of political “revolution” in the 2016 election because the Washington establishment doesn’t understand the legitimate concerns motivating ordinary Americans. Caddell believes the establishment “empire is trying to strike back” against the populist movement challenging their power, but the American people have “left the building.”

Caddell explained to Breitbart News Daily host and Breitbart Executive Chairman Stephen K. Bannon that the rise of candidates like Donald Trump and

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT)

16%

reflects the sentiment of the majority of Americans “who feel the country is in decline, who feel that they are getting screwed, their children’s futures are at stake, and nobody gives a dam about it in Washington, which they’re correct [about], and the things that they believe in are mocked and ignored. This is the makings of a Jacksonian Revolution.”

Caddell said the establishment is not going to “give up power easily.” However, “for the establishment to understand how to take Trump seriously, they would have to understand what his voters are about, and since they cannot recognize the legitimacy of those claims… it’s impossible for them to calculate the figure of the threat coming. Now they see it, and now the empire is trying to strike back.”

The political establishment of both parties “have a mistaken view that the American people are here to serve them… as opposed to their job is to be the servants of the people,” Caddell said. “They’ve got this relationship backwards, and they’ve been running Washington and politics and corruption of unimaginable proportions to their benefit. And what’s happening is the American people want their sovereignty back.”

“This country will not go gently into that good night of decline,” Caddell asserted.

“I listened to the debate that Trump wasn’t at, and even with

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX)

97%

and [Ben] Carson, all the sudden they were all back talking about establishment things,” Caddell noting, adding that the role of the American people in that debate was “to shut up, vote our way, and don’t get in our way.”

Bannon interjected in agreement, saying, “This is why people have dialed out of politics. It’s the dryness and thinness of the political dialogue. They talk about all these issues that, yes, are all important, but they’re not vital. But when you talk about building a wall to stop illegal immigration, when you talk about bringing ten million jobs back from China, which is emblematic of how we’ve gutted this country with these trade deals, when you talk about a temporary ban on Muslims — [Trump’s] basic themes have been to drive the narrative back to things that matter to working class people in this country.”

Caddell said that whether you agree with Trump’s positions or not, he is raising “the most vital questions.”

“And it’s not that immigration may be the most vital, but nonetheless, his argument about it is: You either have a country or you don’t,” Caddell said. “Even if you don’t like what he’s saying… or agree with his solutions, for most Americans that’s a pretty hard thing not to agree with.”

“Same thing on the [temporary] Muslim ban,” Caddell added. “I don’t agree with that. But he is touching a cord and saying, ‘We have no security, we don’t know how to control this, we’re so PC, and we are making our country vulnerable.’ And that issue of security in America is really high.”

Caddell noted that when Trump says, “Nobody owns me; I’m paying for this campaign,” he is addressing the “unspoken” issue of corruption in American politics, which, along with the economy and national security, is one of the top three issues for voters.

“You’ve got 70-some percent of the American people who believe flat out that both political parties have failed economically and that we need a different approach,” Caddell said. “We have had this pantomime – this kabuki theater of politics for too long, and now people are worried. And they’ve been worried, but now they’ve decided to do something about it.”

Bannon asked, “Do you believe we are at a tipping point of revolutionary times?”

Caddell said, “Yes, we are, and that tipping point is the American people being willing to overthrow their leadership through the democratic process. And then if that doesn’t work and they manage to be screwed out of that, then that will not go over well.”

“There is a warning here and it’s from 1860,” he said, referencing the 1860 presidential election when multiple political parties ran candidates.

Caddell closed by saying, “All of what I’m saying summed up is this country is in revolution,” and “the establishment will not deal with the fact or give credibility [to the concerns]. When they attack Trump the way they do with the personal viciousness and stuff… what they’re saying to the American people is: ‘This is you. Get back in your box.’ And they have left the building, folks.”

“All of you – you people have left the building,” Caddell said to Bannon and the Breitbart News Daily audience. “Your audience – ask them today. You have left the building.”

On ‎2‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 10:48 AM, delcecchi said:

If the party had addressed the concerns of the voters, rather than going along to get along, Trump wouldn't be the threat he is. 

"Going along to get along" ... is that what you think the GOP has been doing for the last 7+ years ?

Give me a break. Better yet, give me a list of 7 issues where that was the case.  7 examples of the GOP going along with BHO and the Dems, and thereby infuriating their supporters.

And don't pretend spending and deficits is one of them, because clearly that issue isn't important to Trump supporters. He'd be an absolute disaster on those fronts.

11 hours ago, DrJill said:

"Going along to get along" ... is that what you think the GOP has been doing for the last 7+ years ?

Give me a break. Better yet, give me a list of 7 issues where that was the case.  7 examples of the GOP going along with BHO and the Dems, and thereby infuriating their supporters.

And don't pretend spending and deficits is one of them, because clearly that issue isn't important to Trump supporters. He'd be an absolute disaster on those fronts.

Immigration, legal, H1B, and illegal, and trade. 

EPA actions. 

just a start.

Down2Earth likes this

51 minutes ago, delcecchi said:

EPA actions. 

just a start.

It's those but from a few of the Donald Trumpers I've talked to online, I think the final push was that Ryan/Obama budget last year that further pushed them. However they are convinced that Trump is going to go in and balance budgets and reduce the debt when he's made no mention of it. And the scary part is some have suggest a bit of support for him going around Congress to get what he wants and, even the US Constitution.

Looks like Hope and Change, Act 2

From what I'm reading there's ALOT of things about the Donald's past positions his supporters are ignoring that not only would his supporters not tolerate from a Democrat but from other Republican politicians as well.

I can't believe anyone calling themselves a conservative would cheer when a candidate for office speaks of using libel laws to intimidate the press into not printing things about them they don't like but I've seen it

If people didn't like what they saw under BHO, the Trumpster is going to be like nothing people ever seen. Authoritarians come to power under these conditions. Dissatisfaction with the direction of the country, deep mistrust and anger for the political class, economic anxiety, a deteriorating culture, a deeply divided nation.... 

Edited by tacklejunkie

It's those but from a few of the Donald Trumpers I've talked to online, I think the final push was that Ryan/Obama budget last year that further pushed them. However they are convinced that Trump is going to go in and balance budgets and reduce the debt when he's made no mention of it. And the scary part is some have suggest a bit of support for him going around Congress to get what he wants and, even the US Constitution.

Looks like Hope and Change, Act 2

When Trump says "We're going to make America great again", it's Trumpspeak for "Hope and Change"....

Here's a thought.

This is the first time I can recall,   or have even read about,  a party NOT wanting the candidate the PEOPLE want.

Interesting isn't it.

16 minutes ago, Ufatz said:

Here's a thought.

This is the first time I can recall,   or have even read about,  a party NOT wanting the candidate the PEOPLE want.

Interesting isn't it.

That SOME people want. 

23 hours ago, delcecchi said:

EPA actions. 

just a start.

I asked for 7, you gave me 3. And trade is the only one that you can reasonably argue the GOP went along with.

The "they go along to get along" arguement is hollow. It hasn't happened.

1 minute ago, DrJill said:

I asked for 7, you gave me 3. And trade is the only one that you can reasonably argue the GOP went along with.

The "they go along to get along" arguement is hollow. It hasn't happened.

Immigration also.  As for the 7, why 7?  Why not 4 or 13?   Rolling Stones said it.... You can't always get what you want....

I don't believe for a second that any of the GOP attacks or questioning of The Donald will impact his support in the GOP. But they will drive up his negatives. And make marvelous ads for the Dems.

He's a "con artist" .... So what ? The wingnuts have been lining the pockets of grifters for decades

"His numbers don't add up" .... laughable, when has any GOP numbers added up ? The "tax cuts pay for themselves" nonsense has been, for decades, a cornerstone for the wingnuts.

"He doesn't talk about policies" .... who in the GOP does ?

etc, etc, etc

What he does do very well is peddle nonsense ... exactly what the base has been conditioned to expect. And he does it with alot of bluster, which they love. And he's crude. And insulting. And mysoginistic. In short ... a mirror of the base.

7 because I thought you might be able to provide just 1 example per year of BHOs Presidency to support your arguement. Guess not. Dispite saying your list was just a start.

As far as immigration goes, the GOP has done everything they could short of defunding Homeland Security, ie taken votes and filed lawsuits. What exactly do you want them to do ?

Edited by DrJill

1 hour ago, DrJill said:

Along these lines, how hilarious was it to see Rubio "attacking" The Donald for vowing to repeal ObamaCare without having a plan to replace it ? Does he seriously believe that's an arguement that will resonate with the GOP base ? What planet does he live on ?

The GOP establishment can't attack The Donald for not having policies. 

They can't attack him for tax and spend plans that don't add up.

They can't attack him for appealing to fear and hate.

This is the monster that they've created. The Trumpenstein. They can't control it.

How about when The Donalds answer to "Why so many audits ?" was "Maybe it's because I'm a strong Christian". ROFLMAO. It's utterly preposterious !!!!

But once again, the GOP can't attack him for spouting this blatent nonsense. Because it's exactly the kind of nonsense they've been feeding their base for decades. You'd have to be a RINO not to believe that, right ?

Edited by DrJill
GeluNumber1 likes this

40 minutes ago, DrJill said:

He's a "con artist" .... So what ? The wingnuts have been lining the pockets of grifters for decades

"His numbers don't add up" .... laughable, when has any GOP numbers added up ? The "tax cuts pay for themselves" nonsense has been, for decades, a cornerstone for the wingnuts.

etc, etc, etc

What he does do very well is peddle nonsense ... exactly what the base has been conditioned to expect. And he does it with alot of bluster, which they love. And he's crude. And insulting. And mysoginistic.

You and glen beck are in lock step, total agreement.

Ohhh, the irony..

What now ?

You gonna invest all your money in gold, survival kits, and food storage ?

Better get us a round beers....

The apocalypse is coming. :lol:

Really Uncle Benghazi ?

Glenn Beck thinks the GOP is powerless to effectively attack Trump ?

Interesting.

But something tells me your off base on that. As usual. :lol:

Isn't it actually the case that Glenn Beck is discovering HE'S powerless to effectively attack Trump ?

Because his audience has been conditioned to accept nonsense.

He's just a microcosim of the GOP.

Edited by DrJill

1 hour ago, Uncle Bill said:

You and glen beck are in lock step, total agreement.

Ohhh, the irony..

What now ?

You gonna invest all your money in gold, survival kits, and food storage ?

Better get us a round beers....

The apocalypse is coming. :lol:

Nailed. It. 

Party on! 

And the dark clouds of Donald Trump loom over the happy sunny nation.

IMG_20160304_121031.thumb.jpg.2b4f5c0957

6 hours ago, DrJill said:

He's a "con artist" The wingnuts have been lining the pockets of grifters for decades

"His numbers don't add up" .... laughable, when has any DFL numbers added up ? The "tax cuts pay for themselves" nonsense has been, for decades, a cornerstone for the wingnuts.

Plus + 1 numbers don't add up wingnut! ;)

images.jpg

Down2Earth likes this

10 minutes ago, delcecchi said:

And the dark clouds of Donald Trump loom over the happy sunny nation.

IMG_20160304_121031.thumb.jpg.2b4f5c0957

Looks like he's off to a good start on his "wall". Must have negotiated the height himself to keep it under the 10 billion he's said it will cost.:lol:

1 hour ago, Juneau4 said:

Looks like he's off to a good start on his "wall". Must have negotiated the height himself to keep it under the 10 billion he's said it will cost.:lol:

Well...... It'll keep little Marco Rubio out. ;)

Juneau4 likes this

10 hours ago, DrJill said:

This is the monster that they've created.

kn030416dAPC20160303074654.jpg

BAHAHA!!

WOOOOO!!...:lol:

Trump should just retire, and write a book - "How to Make a Fortune By Going Broke"...