Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

MNUser

Donald Trump

4,264 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

13 minutes ago, delcecchi said:

What?  Krugman said the government can spend too much?   Did he say it is spending too much as well?   No link for the Krugman thing, it wasn't a quote btw.   It was just a characterization of what he has been saying for the last several years in his column. 

Just do a search on Paul Krugman "Modern Monetary Theory" or "Neo-Chartalism", and you will find it.  

10 minutes ago, PurpleFloyd said:

Del would disagree that the government can spend too much.

Borrow all you want- the fed will print more. 

Yes.  So in my mind, that would make him a fiscal liberal... or fiscal leftist/progressive.  Definitely not a conservative by any stretch.

Edited by swamptiger
PurpleFloyd likes this

Posted (edited)

21 minutes ago, delcecchi said:

I don't know about Krugman going left and ending right, but Dave seems to have gone right and ended left.  

Did anyone ever explain the difference between news and opinion?  I know the lines get blurred these days, but it is usually possible to tell the difference.    Yes, they are credible.  If they say Eleanor Clift wrote a column, I believe that she did.  And if they say Toure' wrote a column, well then I guess he did.   Unlike when someone on facebook or even here posts something that he says someone said.  

Where did I proclaim that the "Trump Liar" story was not opinion? I'm pretty sure even D2E can figure out it is an opinion piece so what is your beef? If you don't agree with the opinion of the writer why not try to formulate a coherent argument rather than always attacking the source? 

You do realize that the only reason I have been quoting The Daily Beast is to irritate you, right? ;)

Edited by Big Dave2
pushbutton likes this

5 minutes ago, Big Dave2 said:

You do realize that the only reason I have been quoting The Daily Beast is to irritate you, right? ;)

That particular opinion piece may not jive with del's world view....:P

Big Dave2 likes this

48 minutes ago, swamptiger said:

Just do a search on Paul Krugman "Modern Monetary Theory" or "Neo-Chartalism", and you will find it.  

Yes.  So in my mind, that would make him a fiscal liberal... or fiscal leftist/progressive.  Definitely not a conservative by any stretch.

He is a neocon. 

Socially conservative and fiscally liberal. Spend all you want but make sure you do what we approve of in the bedroom and the hookah bar.

Posted (edited)

Keep trying Dave.

6CCB3A68-7C28-4160-84C2-E8A4BC434BA1-7565-0000079317CEBE24_tmp.png

Pushpoodle doesn't like this.

Edited by Down2Earth

Poor schrillary. A long, long history with the fbi that paid some untimely dividends.

Hillary who?

You need some hobbies, brah. 

12 hours ago, Cooter said:

Poor schrillary. A long, long history with the fbi that paid some untimely dividends.

This is the Trump thread sir.

I stand corrected, please continue.  Just wanted to make sure we have a somewhat fair playing field when it comes to "investigations" and our elected, and not elected, officials.

1 hour ago, Cooter said:

I stand corrected, please continue.  Just wanted to make sure we have a somewhat fair playing field when it comes to "investigations" and our elected, and not elected, officials.

Well yeah, why let democrats have all the corruption?

If I wanted to keep conservatives out I'd just put down a Hillary Clinton doormat, because conservatives can't seem to get over her.

In other news:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/mar/22/rex-tillerson-i-didnt-want-this-job

So why did Trump pick him? Maybe the only Я he could find.

Also Trump Tower was wiretapped apparently, just well before Trump even began campaigning, and also not related to Trump at all, just the Russians in there:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/fbi-wiretapped-russian-gambling-ring-headquarted-trump-tower-article-1.3004226

5 hours ago, Nick Kuhn said:

If I wanted to keep conservatives progressives out I'd just put down a Hillary Clinton Donald Trump is my President doormat, because conservatives progressives can't seem to get over her it.

:) FIFY..

104010787-GettyImages-494745648.530x298.

leech~~ likes this

When the reality sets in...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rawstory.com/2017/03/i-believed-everything-he-said-ex-supporter-whose-son-odd-says-trumpcare-made-him-turn-on-the-president/amp/

orter who attended 45 rallies during the campaign, but no longer supports the president or his agenda.

Kraig Moss shadowed Trump’s campaign rallies during the 2016 election to tell the story of his son, Rob Moss, who died on Jan. 16, 2014 from a heroin/fentanyl overdose at age 24. The grieving father was a staunch Trump supporter, and was encouraged to support then-candidate Trump by his promise to help addicts struggling with addiction. Trump even reached out to Moss personally at a rally, calling him “a great father,” and assuring him, “your son is proud of you.”

“I’m not on the Trump trail anymore, and I’ve lost my heart,” Moss told CNN’s Elizabeth Cohen in an interview, pointing to the president’s support of the American Health Care Act, which would drop an addiction treatment and mental health mandate that covers 1.3 million Americans. Moss told Cohen he believes Rob would still be alive if he had health insurance.

“I believed everything he said,” Moss said. “Now I don’t believe he was true in his word when he was speaking. I think he was looking for votes, to be honest with you.”

“It’s not at all what Mr. Trump promised everybody he was going to provide for us,” he added. “I feel that now—anger, I feel hurt inside.”

41 minutes ago, PurpleFloyd said:

This article is a perfect illustration of what happens when you get people dependent on government. You can never take it away without push back.

This is the reality that should set in that will have a greater effect if it continues it's growth

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

1 hour ago, PurpleFloyd said:

Trump must be going after Libertarian support.  Those addicts made their choice.

1 hour ago, PurpleFloyd said:

“I believed everything he said,” Moss said. “Now I don’t believe he was true in his word when he was speaking. I think he was looking for votes, to be honest with you.”

“It’s not at all what Mr. Trump promised everybody he was going to provide for us,” he added. “I feel that now—anger, I feel hurt inside.”

unicorns.jpg.c6932d19ce8d2f6714d88fb9996dba6e.jpg

18 minutes ago, Down2Earth said:

Trump must be going after Libertarian support.  Those addicts made their choice.

No, he got the vote of the mentally stunted and now they are realizing what they got. 

Before you try to bash on something you might want to ask an adult to explain it to you just so you understand what you are saying. 

Maybe I can find one of those adults who explained Aleppo to Gary Johnson.  Im sure it was some half wit Libertarian who's that only one who gets it.

6 minutes ago, Down2Earth said:

Maybe I can find one of those adults who explained Aleppo to Gary Johnson.  Im sure it was some half wit Libertarian who's that only one who gets it.

That would be good because when that question was asked you couldn't put an x within 1000 Mike's of Aleppo on a map either and I would wager you couldn't do it right now without doing a search either. 

Big Dave2 likes this

14 minutes ago, PurpleFloyd said:

That would be good because when that question was asked you couldn't put an x within 1000 Mike's of Aleppo on a map either and I would wager you couldn't do it right now without doing a search either. 

It's miles.... must be one of those mentally stunted people you talk about. 

#halfwit

Edited by Down2Earth

4 hours ago, PurpleFloyd said:

No, he got the vote of the mentally stunted and now they are realizing what they got. 

Before you try to bash on something you might want to ask an adult to explain it to you just so you understand what you are saying. 

The majority of the smartest business owners/ industrialists in America voted Trump as opposed to Clinton.

11 minutes ago, PurpleFloyd said:

So, our leaders shouldn't be any smarter than people on a message forum?

3 minutes ago, Down2Earth said:

#halfwit

darn dude, you're embarrassing yourself.

Down2Earth likes this

8 minutes ago, Down2Earth said:

#halfwit

You couldn't put either within 1000 miles of Aleppo whether autocorrect has anything to say about it or not.