Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

MNUser

Donald Trump

4,272 posts in this topic

He is a pure Christian and his latest rant proved it. Making fun of Rubio's ears. If you don't agree with them make fun of their appreance. Gotta love it. Then Rubio fires back. It is like watching the Jerry Spinger show.

That's minor compared with what a Trump presidency would be like. Trump has stated his intent to use libel laws to go after news organizations that " lie" about him. Well, considering anything Trump reads about him that he doesn't like is a lie, it isn't hard to see were this will lead. So, it appears our choices will be the narcissistic clown or the incompetent crook, and those of us who want debt reduction,  a balanced budget, real economic growth, and a smaller federal government are out of luck this cycle. One will win, and the winner's supporters will be able to gloat and celebrate. But the rest of us lose

The Trump phenomenon is a DC creation. And, despite the protest of a couple here, BHO has helped in that creation. I understand people's frustration with the DC establishment and the direction of the country. I don't believe that Trump is the remedy

Edited by tacklejunkie

2 hours ago, tacklejunkie said:

That's minor compared with what a Trump presidency would be like. Trump has stated his intent to use libel laws to go after news organizations that " lie" about him. Well, considering anything Trump reads about him that he doesn't like is a lie, it isn't hard to see were this will lead. So, it appears our choices will be the narcissistic clown or the incompetent crook, and those of us who want debt reduction,  a balanced budget, real economic growth, and a smaller federal government are out of luck this cycle. One will win, and the winner's supporters will be able to gloat and celebrate. But the rest of us lose

The Trump phenomenon is a DC creation. And, despite the protest of a couple here, BHO has helped in that creation. I understand people's frustration with the DC establishment and the direction of the country. I don't believe that Trump is the remedy

So, with Gary Johnson duking it out with Ventura for the Libertarian nomination;), and Trump/Rubio/Cruz vs Clinton/Sanders from the big two, with Bloomberg lurking on the sidelines, who's your fave? 

On 2/28/2016 at 8:17 PM, delcecchi said:

So, with Gary Johnson duking it out with Ventura for the Libertarian nomination;), and Trump/Rubio/Cruz vs Clinton/Sanders from the big two, with Bloomberg lurking on the sidelines, who's your fave? 

Which one would be most likely to follow through with an actual budget cutting agenda?

Edited by swamptiger
tacklejunkie likes this

On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 8:17 PM, delcecchi said:

Kind of like trying to decide which STD will be the least problem.:(

1 hour ago, swamptiger said:

Which one would be most likely to follow through with an actual budget cutting agenda?

You know what's depressing?

If the next President and Congress get the debt down to what it was when BHO took office, you'd be able to say they cut the debt in half:(

If Trump's success wasn't so frightening it would be incredibly fascinating.  He's the current favorite to win the nomination but he can't even get the votes from Republicans currently in office, it seems some would rather vote for Hillary or Bernie instead of Trump.  I was also reading that if Trump wins the nomination the GOP has given the green light to Republicans to run negative ads against Trump if it would help them in their re-election efforts.  Basically if Trump wins the GOP is going to bail on him.  Are they just going to give Trump the GOP party while they jump ship and form a 3rd party?  Or will they effectively kick Trump out forcing him to create a 3rd party.

Another possibility is that Bloomberg joins the race as a 3rd party candidate and it might be the first time in history that a 3rd party candidate could gain some real traction given the other 2 options.  Either way we might finally see some movement in getting rid of the 2 party system.  

I fully support the concept of getting rid of the 2 party system but running the risk of a Trump presidency is truly frightening.  

GeluNumber1 likes this

24 minutes ago, nofishfisherman said:

I fully support the concept of getting rid of the 2 party system but running the risk of a Trump presidency is truly frightening.  

You are seeing the downside of doing away with the 2 party system within the American electoral process.  If there were no parties, celebrities of one sort or another would be the only ones with the name recognition needed.  But Trump has basically hijacked the apparatus of the Republican Party, just like Bloomberg did in NYC.  If the party had addressed the concerns of the voters, rather than going along to get along, Trump wouldn't be the threat he is.   He is attractive to all those who are concerned more with things other than who does what to whom at home in the dark, or other social issues.

In particular, free trade has been disasterous to the lower levels of working class who used to have a crummy job but now have no job, or an even crummier job.  

1 hour ago, delcecchi said:

He is attractive to all those who are concerned more with things other than who does what to whom at home in the dark, or other social issues.

In particular, free trade has been disasterous to the lower levels of working class who used to have a crummy job but now have no job, or an even crummier job.  

On the contrary, I would say he is attractive to those who are motivated by hatred and fear. He is the choice of those who get their information from sound bites and memes.

Playground bullies like him often have a following until they are exposed for the shallow thinking frauds and weaklings they really are.

most of the electorate votes based on sound bites, memes, who their drinking buddy tells them, or whatever.  Anyone who watches the news or is on this thread is more informed than the aforementioned electorate.  Not hacking on them, they just don't have any interest in it.

So all candidates do all these debates or town hall meeting and people like you and me watch many of them and most people don't even know they are on.  So...these candidates make sound bit comments to sway those voters.  

My intelligent buddy told me years ago he was voting for Gore.  I asked why and he literally said , "Bush is going to take away our Social Security".  That was the Al Gore Lockbox era and Bush had discussed privatizing SS, not taking it away.  My intelligent friend voted based on a headline/sound bit/ what someone told him.  That's the way many people vote.  If you just read this you aren't one of those people.

Juneau4 likes this

33 minutes ago, roony said:

On the contrary, I would say he is attractive to those who are motivated by hatred and fear. He is the choice of those who get their information from sound bites and memes.

Playground bullies like him often have a following until they are exposed for the shallow thinking frauds and weaklings they really are.

Spoken like a true Hillary supporter. 

3 minutes ago, delcecchi said:

Spoken like a true Hillary supporter. 

More falsehoods from the progressive.

elkrivermn likes this

Said it "sounds like".  So, who's your candidate?  Ventura?  Gary Johnson?  Bernie?  Or one of the establishment Republicans? 

I am not sure who my candidate of choice is yet but I can assure you it will not be Trump or Clinton. From your recent posts it sounds as if you are resigned to supporting Trump. It is people of your ilk that assure that Clinton will win, or just as bad, Trump. Pretty sad that at this period of time people just give up.

42 minutes ago, delcecchi said:

Said it "sounds like".  So, who's your candidate?  Ventura?  Gary Johnson?  Bernie?  Or one of the establishment Republicans? 

Wrong again, you said "spoken like".

4 hours ago, delcecchi said:

If the party had addressed the concerns of the voters, rather than going along to get along, Trump wouldn't be the threat he is.     

I have to agree.

The Party created there own problems. Trump has done nothing but took advantage of the opening and has used it to his advantage.

This is not to be construed as support or nonsupport for Trump, just a caveat of what the ignorance of the establishment and the angst of the electorate has led to.

Mike

An alert and thinking American (and I assume that is all the people here) is preparing for the presidency of Hilary Clinton,  our first woman following our first black president.  Anybody who denies this is the greatest country on earth is not paying attention.

It will be interesting to see who she selects for her Cabinet.  And assuming the do-nothings in the GOP House and Senate block an appointment by President Obama,  it will be  exciting  to learn who her appointment to the Supreme Court will be.

Those folks might be better off dealing with an Obama nominee?   Yes?  No?   Ha Ha Ha.

Copyright © 1998-2016 HotSpot Outdoors - WorldWide WebResults Inc. - Powered by Outdoor WebResults Marketing. Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.

hzwdbz7yubbjckee5bn2.jpg.748bec0a8821456    FM_Mike has replied    Show Reply

They might be better off dealing with an Obama nomoinee

13 minutes ago, Ufatz said:

An alert and thinking American (and I assume that is all the people here) is preparing for the presidency of Hilary Clinton,  our first woman following our first black president.  Anybody who denies this is the greatest country on earth is not paying attention.

It will be interesting to see who she selects for her Cabinet.

Her new Big House and running room mate! ;)

images.jpg

2 hours ago, roony said:

I am not sure who my candidate of choice is yet but I can assure you it will not be Trump or Clinton. From your recent posts it sounds as if you are resigned to supporting Trump. It is people of your ilk that assure that Clinton will win, or just as bad, Trump. Pretty sad that at this period of time people just give up.

Wrong again, you said "spoken like".

Spoken like, Sounds like...  I guess the distinction is not apparent to me..

So you don't have a preference among the Republican candidates?   

If I had a choice among them, Kasich seems the most competent.   Cruz and Rubio make me nervous for different reasons.  

So, Roony, which side are you on?   Who is your preferred alternative?  Anyone that has a snowball's chance of being elected? 

I would vote for Kasich, (pretty much said so on here after the first debate), but I thought you said anyone who has a snowball's chance and he doesn't seem to fall into that category. 

I also would have voted for Bush but that snowball already melted. 

1 hour ago, FM_Mike said:

I have to agree.

The Party created there own problems. Trump has done nothing but took advantage of the opening and has used it to his advantage.

This is not to be construed as support or nonsupport for Trump, just a caveat of what the ignorance of the establishment and the angst of the electorate has led to.

Mike

This to me is just too dang funny. If I was going to make a list of the posters on this forum that were anti establishment FM_Mike and del would be very near the bottom.

Edited by roony

5 hours ago, roony said:

Referring to Obama again?

1 hour ago, FM_Mike said:

I have to agree.

Mike

I'm guessing one of Trump's tactics will be to not only tie her to an Obama third term but DC in general. And Hillary is  100% Washington DC insider

Edited by tacklejunkie

24 minutes ago, LMITOUT said:

Referring to Obama again?

No, please check out the Topic title if you cannot figure it out for yourself. 

Oh I see...when a lefty is PO'd they just want "hope and change", but when someone from the other side feels the same they are "angry and hateful".

Frauds.

leech~~ and Down2Earth like this

Yes you are. You also seem to be fond of using Trump's tactics of acting like an eighth grader when you are shown to be wrong. 

Edited by roony
spelling