• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Humminbird 899ci Hd si

lispeej

Question

I am looking at this unit and want to know what other Humminbird owners like or dislike about it. I currently have a Humminbird Matrix (old as a dinosaur), and want something made in this century. 

I must say, I like the fact that it has si, di, and gps. It also has a nice 7" color display. 

Thanks.

3 answers to this question

I bought one last year; I see no problems with it but it was my first foray into fancy fish finders so maybe I'm missing something.  I think I paid $899 for it and I think I saw them going for $599 now since humminbird has replaced them totally with the Helix line.  

My wife's son in law bought one this winter, but hasn't got to use it yet; so no first hand knowledge. The selling points to us were the bigger screen and dual slots for memory cards. The "C" store was selling them for 500 on clearance.  I wanted to get one, but my 798 is only two years old, so didn't.  Check out some of the videos on you tube. Mite answer some questions.   

I've had mine for 2 seasons paired with iPilot Link. I absolutely love it. Sure, I'd love a bigger screen; the HD transducer standard instead of add-on. But for the money I had available to spend, I could not be happier with this unit. No issues with it at all.

Just make sure to follow the installation instructions to the letter, and even use a heavier gauge wire than they recommend. All the new units are sensitive to voltage fluctuation. Heavy wire, straight to battery, inline fuse, you're good to go.