• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Schwinn AirDyne Bike

Ufatz

why not?  the thread already went off the rails.

there are a couple places in the cities that offer it.  I drive past one on Cretin Ave.   Or is it Cleveland?  I can't remember.

There are some acupuncture for your dog places too.

Edited by bobbymalone

I saw some guy on tv doing dog acupuncture just last night in conjunction with electromagnetic therapy on a dog.  It's a crime he hadn't thought of bringing the dog to a chiropractor instead :)

He may still be fat, but it is likely his blood pressure and other risk factors for disease are better.  Eating less and perhaps better is key to losing weight, but at least he can walk around the block, mow the lawn, and climb stairs.   So it does make a difference.

And fixing back problems is one thing, and curing disease is another.

58 minutes ago, Duffman said:

Eat less, move more.

A simplistic way of looking at things, but that's kinda the way it works.

Disipline in diet and exercise are key.

Eat more, move more.

10 minutes ago, delcecchi said:

And fixing back problems is one thing, and curing disease is another.

What diseases are you referring to?

1 hour ago, DrJuice1980 said:

Eat more, move more.

What diseases are you referring to?

if you are a fan of Chiropractic, you know.  I classify it as one small step above homeopathy.

I bet you believe that there are such things as spinal subluxations and they affect the nerves somehow and interfere with the body's innate intelligence and ability to heal, so all that is needed is to align the spine and whatever ails you goes away.  I could paste the wikipedia article but it is sort of long.  Net is that there is no proof that Chiropratic is even useful for lower back pain, much less other stuff. 

1 hour ago, delcecchi said:

if you are a fan of Chiropractic, you know.  I classify it as one small step above homeopathy.

I bet you believe that there are such things as spinal subluxations and they affect the nerves somehow and interfere with the body's innate intelligence and ability to heal, so all that is needed is to align the spine and whatever ails you goes away.  I could paste the wikipedia article but it is sort of long.  Net is that there is no proof that Chiropratic is even useful for lower back pain, much less other stuff. 

LOL

Let me guess, you have LBP, been all over and nobody has fixed it but you're too stubborn to take any advice because you know everything.  You went to a Chiro with a bad attitude, you questioned him into submission, tearing apart his practice, got a little sore from the adjustment and now its all hogwash!

Tell me I'm wrong, then give out the real reason why you think its so bad and dont hide behind your disease talk.  Just because a hack says he can do something shouldnt reflect the practice itself.  If you've let that happen then thats what makes a simpleton.

Edited by DrJuice1980

I will be fair.  I went to a chiro once and he seemed like a quack.  He was more interested in me buying a package of visits than anything.  After the first visit I couldn't sit down hardly.  I went to a DU banquet that night and stood the whole time.  Next day I went to my MD.  I reported the chiro to the chiro board and he wouldn't give me my money back.

My point is a question for you Juice and I'm being sincere.  I thought there may be some pain after the adjustment but it was borderline unbearable.  Is that common?  I know you don't know my whole circumstance.

Yes and No.  If you have a back full of tight spastic muscles and the adjustment released that tension, soreness may be created due to the muscle lengthening. Being adjusted might put muscles in a different state, asking them to engage differently in tasks and the additional work can also elicit soreness, your teaching them something new.    Were you given instructions to take an Epsom salt bath, hydrogen peroxide bath, hydrate a lot, possibly get some protein in you?  If you failed to do so blame yourself.  If you didnt buy a package and he was trying to do everything in his training to get whatever to release to elicit a result so you bought a package, then no.  Nothing should last.  See how conditioned you are though to trust in YOUR MD, like his word means all, think theres some sketchy MDs out there too?  Think those sketchy MD's patients go home and say, "my Doc says..."  For pete sake be opened minded and not so shut off cause your 1 experience.  Theres a lot of Chiro hacks out there but there are also a lot of good ones.  That could be said about Engineers too and whatever any of you guys do.  Guess what, if you do it well theres somebody that doesnt give a dump how they do it.  Thats life Del.

ya know Juice it was so long ago I can't remember if he gave me instructions or what the instructions he gave me were.  I have quite a few friends who have good luck with their chiropractors.  What you say makes sense to me on the muscle stuff and yes if there are a million MD's in the world someone has to be the worst one and you really never now who it is.  I am open minded and appreciate your information.

Threads like these are one more reason why I shake my head, making sure my cabinet stocked with lots of tincture and other medicinal products. :D

I have an exercise program I'll offer for free: 

I'll provide all the equipment (buckets, bales, pitchforks, shovels) and to be a nice guy, I'll be your personal trainer, even drive the tractor. I can pull the spreader ahead when necessary to make it easier then take it out to the field while you take a rest. Then we can unload hay and straw, then bed the pens after we do chores. Rather than use the hose to water, we'll go old school butterbean; we're takin' it up a notch; 5 gallon buckets. It'll be a blast; I promise! :lol:

I got the "Funky Cold Madina" running through my head and I like it.

Take it down.

Body, Mind, and Soul.

If you let what you read on the internet bother you it'll take years off your life.  More if your the one who wrote it.

Its simple,  your responsible for your own wellness and being kind to others is a great start.

You know,,, what I'm sayin.  Duu, baa,baa,duu,baa,baa.

Juice, I have never been to a chiropractor. I have never used a homeopathic remedy. I have never been to a phrenologist. And I have never sat in an orgone box. And I don't have back pain.

I do recognize unproven nonsense when I see it. 

1 hour ago, delcecchi said:

Juice, I have never been to a chiropractor. I have never used a homeopathic remedy. I have never been to a phrenologist. And I have never sat in an orgone box. And I don't have back pain.

I do recognize unproven nonsense when I see it. 

Wow, full of experience to hang that firm opinion on.  Im glad you go out and see what things are all about, first hand.  That's what gaining knowledge is all about.  Wait, you said you have have done none, ok your opinion in now validated.  Unproven but every single pro sports organization utilizes a Chiropractor to care for million dollar athletes, health insurance does not cover unproven methods, they will deny due to "experimental or investigatory" reasons (surprise, their an insurance company that is going to find ways not to pay).  Medicare wont cover chiro because its considered maintenance, as if maintaining your body wont lessen future medical expenses, ok I guess thats "quality" care.  Del, dont worry, many are like you, you're not alone.  A lot of people, once they encounter something they cannot comprehend, they shut down, fear of the unknown, something that goes against everything they know, as if new knowledge is something that just doesnt exist.  You've been feed big pharm talk your entire life, pill pushers control your health and you buy into the business model, whole hardheartedly.  

sad

i don't need to be a cow to recognize bovine excrement.  If someone tells me that illness is due to "subluxations" that can't be detected interfering with my bodies innate intelligence that otherwise would heal or prevent illness, but has no proof of any of that, then my money they will not get.   

But if science isn't significant to you, then Chiro on, dude. 

34 minutes ago, delcecchi said:

i don't need to be a cow to recognize bovine excrement.  If someone tells me that illness is due to "subluxations" that can't be detected interfering with my bodies innate intelligence that otherwise would heal or prevent illness, but has no proof of any of that, then my money they will not get.   

But if science isn't significant to you, then Chiro on, dude. 

Please Del, describe this disease or illness you are referring to, this isnt the 1st time I've asked you to name a few.  Because you cant see something on an x-ray or MRI, it doesnt occur?  Ok Del, good try. You ever been to an MD for an injury, he puts an xray on a screen and says "I dont see anything" and lets you go, and youre still in pain, is there nothing there? A TON of conditions get missed on imaging, it takes an extremely trained eye to properly conclude any medical imaging.  Just because something fails so appear, doesnt mean it doesnt exist.  Thats why they have nerve conduction tests and a plethora of other tests, which will show disparity, the signal has been compromised in those locations, so you saying there is no "proof" something exists is false. Science, lol, please dude, take the loss here and walk away.  Again, you only know what you know, you have to seek information.  Del, you will never be smarted than you are today, in fact you are becoming less intelligent each and every day due to your blinders mentality, knowledge is constantly being sought after and found, except for you.  What you dont know is whats going to kill you.  The body has an ability to heal itself, you think narc pain pills have any sort of "healing" properties?  They help create more damage, your numb to, why your body attempts to heals itself.  Then you go in for a round of injections, some PT, a bunch of wasted time and money only to be filtered into surgery, more time and money.  Thats medicine as you know it Del.  EXPLAIN THE SCIENCE IN THAT PLEASE!!!!  You go for scams and you dont even know it. Ha!  My money they will not get!!!!

Owned

Edited by DrJuice1980

Juice,  you ask for people to explain themselves a lot and give you a lot of examples to prove their point.  However, I don't recall you ever answering the question regarding your medical background.  I know I've asked before and never got an answer.

You seem like an informed person but your opinion seems to go against the majority on almost ever topic.  You can talk for hours about how you are right but never supply any evidence or credentials to back up your statements while you constantly ask other to do so.  When presented with research studies backing up an opinion opposite of your own you are quick to dismiss it as you apparently know more than the trained medical researchers.  

So my question to you is what is your background in the area of health and fitness?.  Formal education?  Personal experience?  Ouija Board? You claim to know more than almost everyone including medical professionals. Its a bold position you've taken so I think it would go a long way toward establishing some credibility for yourself if you could enlighten us as to the source of your knowledge.  

Edited by nofishfisherman

while that question is being answered please feel free to use the knot in my back as an example. It's between my spine and my right shoulder blade and it's been there for months.  Sometimes it seems to pull on other muscles and is a hassle.  If you answer nofishermans questions use me as an example, it's killing me today.

15 minutes ago, RebelSS said:

Dotch, I got two root beers, if you can spare some popcorn....:P

I got plenty and with all the hot air being generated, it's sustainable and low in calories. ;):)

Calvin and Hobbes.jpg