• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

It will be our secret

Last night after watching the Gopher hockey game I scanned around for my next move on tv.  It seems there is constantly a Hitler show available on one of the history channels so I passed on that, I don't like watching cooking shows after dinner cause I get hungry, I hit "pay dirt" with a movie I've seen many times was spotted.

My question is what movie do you like but really to admit it would lower your status of a walleye finding, big buck killing, and Daniel Boone skilled outdoorsman?

For me:  "The Bodyguard"  starring Kevin Costner and Whitney Houston, don't tell anyone.

Ah this looks like one of them trick questions I used to fail miserably at on Larry Smith's agronomy tests! Actually, The Bridges of Madison County because I kept waiting for Clint to shoot somebody and he didn't. Second would probably be Braveheart. Sophie Marceau was hot! The rest of it wasn't bad for a chick flick...;)

Well this thread does make sense in a way, since we are a bunch of  apron wearing dudes, might as well sap it up a bit.:whistle: now and then the wife will have on say flash dance or bridesmaids and I find myself watching.  Living with two women I get dragged to the theater to watch some twilight movie's or hunger games which aren't to terribly bad but when there's only 3 guys in the theater somethings wrong.  :P

1 hour ago, reinhard1 said:

Oh, I have a few.  Like old Western's myself.  Like'd them when was I was younger also.  My one movie [don't know if it's classified as a movie but this is the Cooking forum so it doesn't matter], is Alone in the Wilderness.  I have watched this film or documentary many, many times and each time it says more.  When I want to escape this city atmosphere and relax and "wish I was there" thinking, this is what I watch.  Incredible what this man did with his life and his talents as a handyman of all sorts.  good luck.

Got the book and DVD of that one.

44 minutes ago, bobberineyes said:

Well this thread does make sense in a way, since we are a bunch of  apron wearing dudes, might as well sap it up a bit.:whistle: now and then the wife will have on say flash dance or bridesmaids and I find myself watching.  Living with two women I get dragged to the theater to watch some twilight movie's or hunger games which aren't to terribly bad but when there's only 3 guys in the theater somethings wrong.  :P

FLASHDANCE!!! O MY! One of my top-secret favorite ones...(SHHHH) That restaurant lobster eating scene with Beals....aaaahhhh ahhh ahhhh......Have the vid, AND the album that came out with all the songs on it. :whistle:

41 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

Me too. Great. 

Edited by RebelSS

49 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

Never Cry Wolf is another when I'm alone at the camper flick I like to watch. :)

I'm sure this thread is not going to way leechlake wanted where someone would say "Pretty and Pink" or some Manscape flick! :(

index.jpg

Too Funny.

Man, racking my brain, but I can't think of a sappy one that's a secret guilty pleasure for me.  Top Gun doesn't qualify - too much other guy stuff besides the love story.  Pearl Harbor, maybe, but that's the same kinda deal.

I certainly have those movies where when you find them on TV, you have to clear your schedule for the next two hours to watch them. "A Few Good Men," "Firefox" and "Hunt for Red October" come to mind.  But no chick flicks.  I'd admit to it if I could think of one.  I'll let you know if something comes to mind

5 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

Never Cry Wolf is another when I'm alone at the camper flick I like to watch. :)

I'm sure this thread is not going to way leechlake wanted where someone would say "Pretty and Pink" or some Manscape flick! :(

index.jpg

He's watching "The Breakfast Club" right now. :whistle:

RH and Leech went way out on a limb didn't they?  May as well have picked Rambo.  I think they both are a little oxygen deprived from sleeping in campers.  

The B Club came out when I was in HS, never liked it as much as Pretty in Pink...

Edited by leechlake

I never watched P in P and didn't like Breakfast Club so the references you guys make after watching each movie countless times means nothing to me.  I'd go on but Katy Perry is on the radio and I'm going to listen to that instead :)

Politics

A Spanish Man Stopped Doing His Job — And It Took His Boss 6 Years to Notice

Marie Solis,Mic 21 hours ago 

but he did it safe, on time, and on budget...Smurfy's buddy for sure. :)

Also...they think it was 14 years but they even got confused on how long he hadn't been since he quit showing up.  Heck it was only 8 year gap...

Edited by leechlake

2 hours ago, bobberineyes said:

at least my apron is a tacticle apron

Since I am not to worried about my walleye man card..... There are two movies that I can't walk past and not sit down and watch.. Blazing Saddles and Animal House ... I have never sat down and watched a CHICK FLICK, that's my story and I am sticking with it..:D

Up in smoke.  First half is funniest movie ever.

What are we smoking?  Labrador.  dog ate my stash. Had to follow him  around with a baggie for two days

You mean we are smoking dog **** ?  Yep.  Not bad.  

and

"It was only an ambulance, man"

Edited by delcecchi