• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Clothes dryer question

Tom7227

So why is it the ladies always have to replace the washer and dryer together when one fails? I don’t think  after the first set I bought that I have ever replace them together. Never bought both of them just because they Match. I run then till they die then replace the broken one. Of course back in the day it was not uncommon to get twenty years out of a washer and ten out of a dryer...

9 hours ago, Tom7227 said:

I have been replaced apparently and the new squeeze must be multi-talented.  She did a trifecta at the appliance store.  The one that could be most interesting is the dish washer that is going to be installed on the wall opposite the sink.  Water and waste should be interesting.  But what do I know.  When I wrote and asked about it she said it was his problem.

O boy, that IS gonna be REALLY interesting! Keep us informed!!! :grin:

8 hours ago, Bobby Bass said:

So why is it the ladies always have to replace the washer and dryer together when one fails? I don’t think  after the first set I bought that I have ever replace them together. Never bought both of them just because they Match. I run then till they die then replace the broken one. Of course back in the day it was not uncommon to get twenty years out of a washer and ten out of a dryer...

I think because appliance salespeople sold used cars for years before and utter a few words and next thing you know she's nodding her head up and down and we wander off shaking our head to go look at grills.  We look at the grill admiring all of the clean orifices and the ignitor that actually works and realize we can keep plugging along with the one we've got until the legs fall off or it poses a health hazard for any non males over the age of forty being near the thing.

That's why.

8 hours ago, Bobby Bass said:

It's like car head lights. You should always replace them in pairs because the other ones going to go out shortly! :D