• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Boars burgers!

Boar

Nice work, Boar,

I like to think I'm pretty good at cooking/grilling - but Burgers are my nemesis - at least really good ones. I can make OK ones, but it seems that even when they're done a perfect medium rare (at least for my taste) that they're still just a little too dry and/or flavorless.  I use 80/20 ground chuck and it still just doesn't quite work out how I want it.  I've tried everything from plain meat to different seasonings mixed in, I just cant get a patty anywhere close to the bar/grill down the street. (I got a good burger joint in my neighborhood and in talking to a few people in-the-know - it's just a plain ground chuck patty - maybe a little salt during cooking)

The only exception to this is my homemade mix of ground bacon and venison (50/50) with jalepenos. I do knock that out of the park.  But sometimes you just want a good all-beef patty I can't seem to hit the mark.

alls i do for burgers and my chicken, chicken is skinless breasts. i cook on high for.wverything, turning ever 4-5 min. and put sause on at.each turn. i poke with a.fork. when juices are clear its.done. if no juices. over done. checken is the same but itf u first get creamy gelitan looking juice. its not done.

1 hour ago, ThunderLund78 said:

I like to think I'm pretty good at cooking/grilling - but Burgers are my nemesis - at least really good ones. I can make OK ones, but it seems that even when they're done a perfect medium rare (at least for my taste) that they're still just a little too dry and/or flavorless.  I use 80/20 ground chuck and it still just doesn't quite work out how I want it.

Try brushing Worcestershire on them. The bar down the street does this and they are amazing.

1 hour ago, Mid-Lake Rock said:

Thunder - little trick I learned a few years back.  Add 1/2 cup (or less) of mayo to two pounds of 80/20.  The burgers won't taste like mayo, but they will be very juicy with a fatty/rich flavor.   

Say I haven't tried that one yet. My daughter of all people could eat burgers every night of the week if she could. She's pretty picky about her burgers ,they have to be juicy . Any kind of mix works, hienz 57, A1, and some other marinades.  It seams on the weber  if I turn em 180 on each side not quite 2 minutes they turn out pretty juicy. .

nuthin against adding stuff to burger like mentioed, but once yu do, the it seems u need an binder or the meat isnt pliable and falls aprt on grill. orto.combate this.an egg or bread crums are added. then its meat loaf. im serious about my burgers, and its just monitori g the juice flow,, i dimple them too. 

oh and my brother adds peanutbutter for the same mayo effect. they are good.

6 minutes ago, Boar said:

nuthin against adding stuff to burger like mentioed, but once yu do, the it seems u need an binder or the meat isnt pliable and falls aprt on grill. orto.combate this.an egg or bread crums are added. then its meat loaf. im serious about my burgers, and its just monitori g the juice flow,, i dimple them too. 

ewe!!!!!! theres more of you????????????:D:P

You HAVE to add a bit or Worcestershire and minced onions to the patty when ya make them....ya just HAVE to!! And never use that super lean 90% chuck...ya need juice, baby, juice! There's some sort of burger law that says so!!! :grin: 

Edited by RebelSS

47 minutes ago, Boar said:

Boar - I usually do my burgers basic.  Maybe a splash of Worcestershire and some salt and pepper.  I found the mayo tip in an add for Hellman's mayo.  It doesn't add much flavor, but man are they juicy. 

40 minutes ago, RebelSS said:

You HAVE to add a bit or Worcestershire and minced onions to the patty when ya make them....ya just HAVE to!! And never use that super lean 90% chuck...ya need juice, baby, juice! There's some sort of burger law that says so!!! :grin: 

Reb - Google "best ever onion burgers".  It is a recipe from Hellman's.  They are dang good, but I prefer my burger more "naked".  I want toppings - various cheeses, pickles, onions, fresh tomatoes, bacon and peanut butter.  

mine are basic i just like adding the bbq sauce as it cooks, the the califonia style, but gonna start adding and egg and ham slice, with htousand ilse dressing with french fried oniins......man im hunagry LBBG slipped me some smoked cheese, OMG!!!! in a burg> an old stand by burger recipei is adding lipton onion soup mix 

I like the mayo idea!!  I use only 80/20 for burgers myself.  The beer can burger is my favorite. I will add that there are a lot of times that I am happy with just a plain burger with cheese on a bun.   good luck.

Edited by reinhard1

3 hours ago, RebelSS said:

I gotta try that..........but no fake onions. the real deal!!!!!!!!

25 minutes ago, reinhard1 said:

I like the mayo idea!!  I use only 80/20 for burgers myself.  The beer can burger is my favorite. I will add that there are a lot of times that I am happy with just a plain burger with cheese on a bun.   good luck.

this is from the old days when everything was stretched. I still like adding an egg, oatmeal and onions to burger, then grilling it. top with pepper jack cheese!!!!!!!!!

Ya Smurf,  I can remember back in the day that I never had a burger my mom made that didn't have breadcrumbs and onions in it.  I loved them.  Probably threw an egg or two in there also.  We never went hungry and were dirt poor.  good luck.