• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Using an underwater camera in bright sunlight??

BLACKJACK

Last Thursday went fishing and drilled a bunch of holes on a breakline, then got my Vexilar camera out with the intention of checking for fish and green weeds but it was practically worthless in the bright sunlight, I couldn't see the screen, even when I put it into my shadow. I ended up putting it away and using my depthfinder instead.

Do any of the underwater cameras work in bright sunlight?? How about the small, new Aquaviews?? What do you do in the bright sunlight when using a camera??

4 minutes ago, BLACKJACK said:

Last Thursday went fishing and drilled a bunch of holes on a breakline, then got my Vexilar camera out with the intention of checking for fish and green weeds but it was practically worthless in the bright sunlight, I couldn't see the screen, even when I put it into my shadow. I ended up putting it away and using my depthfinder instead.

Do any of the underwater cameras work in bright sunlight?? How about the small, new Aquaviews?? What do you do in the bright sunlight when using a camera??

We fish with a guy with the aquaview and he has the same problem.  He has a blanket he brings with and throws it completely over himself when he hunkers down to the hole to look.  Looks ridiculous but it works and he usually seems to get on the fish doing it so I cant laugh to much.

3 hours ago, BLACKJACK said:

The Aqua Vu's with the sun shades work well in the bright light areas! It helps a ton! Someone was thinking there!