• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Marcum question

Fredd

I have two LX5's, my older one (the year after it came out) is still perfect but the newer one (5 years old?...) is doing the moving issue. Not bad enough to send it in now, but I keep forgetting to in the summer. I just let my buddies use the moving one ;)

The case on my older one is getting pretty ragged, it get used a lot. Funny, I really do like using a LX5 over buddy's FL20, though I like them both. but it is the case of the Marcums that makes it one more reason I like them better. I can fit it into a 5 gallon bucket and easily carry two with one hand. I also like my old style Marcum digital readout charging system. But it bugs me seeing that moving bottom issue. Will get it fixed this spring ready for next year :)

My lx-6 is fine my showdown 5.6 dual beam will digitally read out the wrong depth every once in awhile (end of last season) it would go from 16 to 26 feet but the actual bottom wouldn't change on the graph just the read out. The issue stopped this year along with the turning off as soon as it was picked up issue.

Have to say it did take a pretty good tumble off the four wheeler trailer last year. I was going to send it in in but never got around to it.

Picked my 2 lx's yesterday and the fast turnaround was appreciated, but not much for comraderie again. Turned them both on,  told me what was written down on the service tag, and that was it. I even had my 7 yr old daughter with me who loves this stuff,  and not even any sort of acknowledgement for her. Not a great experience for someone who had to drag their internally non-functioning (not customer broken)  gear up for repair on their own time. 

Sorry to hear guys, and thanks for giving honest reviews. It's these honest non bashing threads that people learn the most from. I had an Lx-6 for a season and it would do some screwy stuff and had a hard time reading bottom at times. Powerful units though. 

Bad news again.  No issues first few times on the ice.  Then I started to notice movement again.  Today it was jumping more than ever.  Even shifted all feedback two feet a couple of times.  Not happy!  This is the 3i.

Both my 3 and 5 have held up so far, but I *might* put them up for sale next December when the demand is higher.  Your story isn't helping with my confidence in keeping them, Fredd.