• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cause of sm Solo 3hp not shutting off....

BoxMN

Starts great, runs great. But wen flipping the switch to OFF it just keeps running. I did buy and install a new switch, and same thing. So it is not the switch. 

I just choke it to get it to quit, but want to fix it properly. Any advice on what to look for beyond the switch? Thanks!

9 minutes ago, DTro said:

My switch never moves from the "On" position, I just hit the decompress button to kill it.  If I remember right, I think SM actually recommended shutting it down this way.

DTro, That's the backup if the engine keeps running, but they recommend using the switch first.  Below is from their manual.

10. After using this machine, STOP the engine by allowing the engine to return to idle and moving the switch to

the OFF position. If engine fails to stop, press the decompression valve in to shut off the engine. If the ignition

switch has failed, DO NOT OPERATE until the ignition switch has been repaired by an qualified mechanic.

On 2/9/2016 at 1:44 PM, DTro said:

My switch never moves from the "On" position, I just hit the decompress button to kill it.  If I remember right, I think SM actually recommended shutting it down this way.

On 2/9/2016 at 1:44 PM, DTro said:

That is what I remember also...maybe they put out a TB after the manual was written...